Thursday, January 12, 2006

Pot Holes on the High Road!!!

This morning I received a nice email from the former spouses wife saying that she would be glad to take care of the girls for me for a few hours on the 2 days I had asked for. She said that she knew that must have been a hard thing to do, and that God is probably happy I did it know, (Not commenting on that) and that she has never intended to be mean or a -----(rhythm's with itch). I sent a nice email back to her, letting her take the girls out to dinner afterwards, and that I never said she was mean or the other, and left it at that.

An hour later I take the sprout to the doctor to see how far we are off the chart at 4yrs of age we are. Still off the chart, height at 4yrs 43" can you say sports scholarship...lol. I will not push for that, I had one and gave it up after I got to college, I have my degree and no regrets for doing it. Anyways I am chatting with the billing person and checking on the kids accounts which I am technically not responsible for, in that they are not in my name, but I have to pay so much before ex's has to. The lady tells me that she got a call from his wife saying that they need to bill me for everything. Now my blood pressure is rising quickly and I am not a happy camper anymore. After the appointment I go back to work and fire off a no holds bar email to the ex knowing that he should see it today because he is working and that seems to be the only time he sees his email....he does not work everyday he has a rotating shift. After lunch I have an email from the wife and she is not pleasant this time. Of course being the almost computer hacker that I can be I notice that she is replying to an email that he has sent to her, most likely my colorful one. After she goes on about how I need to get my life in order, and how can I afford to do things when I do not pay my bills until I feel like it. If I cannot take care of the kids then why don't I just give them to him to take care of....blah blah blah. I am really not a happy camper now, with lots more emotion to go with it.

All my bills are paid, even the ones that they held for 6 months and then sprung the $200+ bills on me at once with no explanation to them, I paid them off in 2 months. I have no problems taking care of the kids, I get them to and from school everyday, with breakfast on top of that. They have a roof over their head and food and beverages in the fridge on top of that. They each have their own bed to sleep in and plenty of clothes to choose from for the day. They even have shoes and snow boots just in case for some odd reason we might get snow in January this year. So, after talking to a few people, my younger sister who is divorced twice, and I really do not like talking to her at all...(long story), my mom since my sister was kind enough to call and tell her I was not in a good mood, and my counselor, who I will have to admit is right all the time....(I hate when she is right by the way....LOL)I decide to call the former spouse and chat with him at his work. After discussing a few things then asking about the bill issue I get "I thought I told you that?" I have a memory like a steal trap, not much gets past it. If I knew that do you think I would have fired off a colorful email telling to grow a pair of somethings and take responsibility for stuff. It was a nice conversation, not heated at all, lots of long pauses from him, but that is for him to deal with. I did end by telling him that he needs to own up to his stuff and make things right.....I am not holding my breath on that either. I did not respond back to her email, and right now do not plan on it, but you never know what mood I will be in later...lol.

Good thing I am going to be listening to the last 2 weeks of sermons from the church tonight to put on the website. I need some faith tonight and some aspirin for my small headache that can explode into a big headache if it wanted to.

I took the high road, and now that there are pot holes do I still continue, or take back the offer for her to watch the girls, which she mentioned that she would still do it since she already committed to it. Do I wait until the road is fixed, or just find a new route. Working on forgiveness today just does not seem very important anymore, but I know it is still necessary in order for me to move on.

2 comments:

one4JC said...

Yes I understand how difficult the high road can be... I choose not to give too much imput because I am having a "bitter day" lol

maynard said...

I have been having a "bitter week"