Wednesday, January 11, 2006

An Olive Branch

I gave in today and offered an olive branch. I emailed my former spouses wife, who is one of the reasons for my divorce, and asked her if she would be willing to watch the kids on a couple of different days for me. He will be on duty those days, and I already have a commitment on those days, but can break my commitment if need be. It was the hardest thing I think I have ever had to do. Mostly I think because I have not forgiven him for all that he has done. I am working on it, but that just is not an easy thing to do for some reason. Guess now I wait and see what kind of a response I get back or if I even get a response back at all. Patience is not one of my better virtues.

2 comments:

one4JC said...

Remember that forgiveness is a choice. If you choose to make your actions that way then your heart will start to follow. I understand how hard that one is...

I don't get the emails for the class...I've only heard about it through my church. One of my friends is a counselor at the church and she steered me in that direction.

Laura said...

Good job! I am proud of you. Aren't you loving the weather up here on the High Road?