Friday, January 20, 2006

A better week?!?

I will have to admit this week has been some what better than last week. It probably has to do with the fact that I know my former spouse is out of the state, so I do not have to wonder if he is going to call and say that he is going to pick up from school today because he is in town and has time on his hands, so why not spend it with his kids (rarely happens anyways).

My badly cut(more like deeply punctured) finger is coming along pretty well now. I can at least stretch out my fingers with out it bleeding again. A stitch or two might have helped, but the scar will do for now. The true test will be Sunday when I bowl for the first time since it happened. Cutting things with a knife is still quite a challenge and painful, which means cutting glass is also a problem. This is not good because I have a few projects that need to get done and am almost at deadline now. Should be an interesting weekend, and probably a slightly painful one there as well.

It has been fun with the kids this week, my 6yr reads me a book from school everyday. She has to read it perfectly before she can take it back and then she has to read it to her teacher as well, or it comes back home to work on it some more. She is so excited about reading now.

They both are looking forward to being able to paint tonight. Not my favorite past time for them, but they enjoy it. Now, it is not so bad, not as messy as before.

No comments: