Monday, January 23, 2006

Is it just me?!!

It has been an interesting weekend to say the least. I had the kids Friday night and Saturday morning because he was not getting back into town unto late Friday night. He and his wife went to Vegas....He doesn't think I know where he went...I have a 6yr I know where he went. Anyways I asked him when he was going to pick them up on Saturday when he asked me if I could watch them for him. He said "OH, 10am." That was fine with me, of course I am always being accused of not letting him see the kids more, but that is a different story right now. So after he shows up late on Saturday morning, of which I did not say anything about the time because that would be a waste of my time and I would have to listen to some bogus excuse anyways I opted not to bring it up, I gave him a few instructions/directions/information about the kids.

One was to give the youngest a certain kind of medicine to dry up her nose, she will stop coughing if you dry up her nose. He agreed that does the trick and has done that before....Fine. There are papers for him in one of the suit cases. The oldest has a small book in her backpack that she needs to read and turn in on Monday so she can get the next book and move on with her reading skills. This book is not long and will not take very long for her to read it to you. She does need to read it word for word in order to pass it and go on to the next book. "OK" he says.

So, I pick the girls up from school today, and the oldest still has her book with her. "Why didn't you get the next book today?" I ask. "Because I didn't get to practice this one!" she says. Now I am a little mad. I called and talked to the kids on Sunday afternoon and asked if she had read it and she said no, but at least it is in her mind now to do that. Apparently there was no time for him to sit with her and read about 6 pages that had about 4 words on each page. I just do not get it.

Everytime we get into a discussion, I usually end up with something from his wife telling me what a great dad he is and that they have family time and this and that. Of course I do not believe anything she says now, and have not believed much that he has said long before I divorced him. It was a little book how hard is it to sit down with your daughter and go over it. She just started these when he was in Vegas, you would think he would have a little interest in her. May be it is just me, maybe I am looking about this all wrong. I know I can not make him a great father, and that is probably part of the issue here.

4 comments:

maynard said...

There is another problem, we are not on that great of speaking terms right now. He pretty much refuse to communicate with me, he would prefer that his wife communicate with me. I do not prefer that. I made a peace offering once and got burned on it. Now I am back to square one. I know that the child did not turn in her book for the next level one. She turned in everything else that she had to but that. She turned in all of them when I had them, but she has been at her dads this weekend, so maybe that has something to do with it as well. I will probably ask him tomorrow when he is at work and I do not have to go through the wife then.

Thanks!

maynard said...

No, she makes all the decisions for him. THEY made a decision on were some of the kids bills should go with out telling me, and I found out for the place the bills were coming from. When I asked him about it, which was by email. He forwarded it on to her to respond to me. Which she did in a not so nice fashion.

maynard said...

You are right forgiveness is a choice. I was starting to work on forgiving him and her, she was one of the other woman before I filed for a divorce, but I have drawn back for a bit. Eventually I will get there, doesn't me I still do not pray for them. You can never say enough prayers. Thanks for your prayers.

maynard said...

I tried it once, I asked her if she could watch the kids for me because I had a commitment and he was scheduled to work at that time and the kids had lessons to be at. She said she would love to stay with the kids at their lessons and then dropped them off to me afterwards. She said that she knew it must have been hard for me to ask her to do that and that God was happy now that I did it. SHe turned on me the next day with her response to the email that he had forwarded on to her. She said that I needed to get my priorities in order and that they have not been in order in her book for a long time. She went on to tell me how everything was my fault that the marriage went bad..she just keep going on and on.
So that is why I have drawn back a bit, I will eventually get back to it, but god and I need to chat and work on our friendship some more.
I still pray for them, tough to do some days, but its a step forward.