Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A Double Standard???

Why is it ok for the kids dad to forget something, but if I forgot the same thing I would be "branded" a bad mom by his standards. Trying to be nice in the whole situation is very tough. I am glad God has patience with me, that is for sure.

The kids spent Sunday night with their dad so he dropped them off at school. I picked them up from school and neither one had a hat on. I asked each of them were their hat was, because they go to 2 different schools right now, and they both said that dad has them, he did not give them to us. Fine I let it slide, it was a rather nice day even though the youngest is fighting a runny nose and cough right now. I did not pursue it any further. They were going back to their dads that night anyways. So, the next morning I have to pick them up at day care and drop them off at school because he was scheduled to work that day. When I pick them up, again no hats or gloves that they had with them also, and it is now snowing, blowing, and cold out. Both say that they did not give the hats to them. Granted the kids should know to put a hat on, but what kid likes a hat. Now after I drop them off at school I leave a message for the former spouse asking him where the kids hats are because I cannot seem to find them. He eventually leaves me a message saying that his wife brought the kids into town today, and she forget to get the hats they were sitting in a basket by the door. (Side note, he complains to me about the miles he has to drive to make an extra trip into town if I ask him to watch the kids for me, he works about 5 blocks from daycare, and they both drove into town that morning, she does not work in town she works in the other direction) He has got ahold of his wife and IF she comes into town today she will drop the hats off at daycare, or if he remembers he will bring them in tomorrow, otherwise I will get them back after they spend Thursday night at his house.

I realize most kids have more than one hat, mine do not normally have more than one hat around, I usually recycle them when they get a new one. Luckily I had the hats ready to go but had not taken them yet, so I was able to come up with hats for them for these 2 days. Now he is going to have 2 sets of hats to take care of. What do you think the odds are going to be that I get both back. If I did not send the kids properly dressed they would note it, so they can show that I do not take care of them, or I would have been expected to meet him somewhere to get him the hats. But, to him it was like oh well, it happens.

Good thing the kids have not been going outside for recess for some reason, because if they do not have hats and gloves they can not go out.

I will have to admit, that I have not pursued the issue hardly at all. I have just let it go and moved on, as hard as that has been to do.

No comments: