Friday, December 02, 2005

Wish I missed it?

All day I watched the snow fall outside my office window. As the day ended and the kids were done with all their activities, I had the task of cleaning the snow off of my sidewalks. As I was shoveling away, I realized that this was one of the tasks that did not bother me to do being single now. I suppose it is because I mostly cleaned off the sidewalks most of the time when I was married. Just another thing that he did when he had time for it, or felt like doing it that day. Maybe it was because I am kind of a perfectionist and didn't like the way he did it, been so long since he had cleaned the walks that I cannot remember if I like the way he did it or not. Must have been one of those times that I complained to him for not having it done yet and he did n't like it when I did that, so he would just half heartily make an attempt to clean them off to get me off his back. After awhile I realized that if something needed done around the house I was going to have to do it myself. Either way that is one task I am ok with, the only regret I have in doing it is that it takes time away from me that I could have to spend with the kids, but lots of time they are out with me with their own little shovels putting the snow back on the sidewalks. I don't mind that anymore either, they are having fun and that is the important part to me now.

2 comments:

one4JC said...

The house formally known as my address was in a constant state of remodeling so I can say there are certain things I will not miss.

maynard said...

The toughest part will be the little things that you never thought you would miss.