Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Underwear shortage!?!

Well on Saturday I called the kids, they were at their dads for the weekend. I called around 5pm but he was outside and they were in the house, so I told him to have them call me. I continue on with my Christmas shopping along with the other thousands of people in the area. No wonder I hate shopping...lol. Anyways, 7pm rolls around and no phone call yet, so I call him again. After a fashion we finally were able to get a good connection where we both can hear the person on the other line. He says to me that they just got out of the tub and he was getting ready for them to call me. That is a nice story in his world. The first thing my oldest who is 6 says, did you pack my underwear? Mind you she spent last night there. I told her yes she has enough for all the days that she is going to be there. The she says well I already wore the ones for today...lol. Trying to get her to put on tomorrows was a chore as well, she didn't think her dad would let her do that. Life is never dull around here. Finally we get behind us and talk about the day and stuff then she informs me that she did not get breakfast. I am not sure why and really did not want to go there. I know he is standing there listening to her because I can hear him. Finally, I get to talk to my youngest who is almost 4. The first thing she wants to do is make sure that her big sister is taken care of, so she asks me if I packed underwear for her sister. So here we go again with that conversation. What gets me a little is that I know he at least has underwear for them in case things happen and he needs more than what I provide for the visit. Apparently they didn't want to wear the ones he had. I do not know, but I have never talked about underwear so much as I did that night.

No comments: