Friday, December 09, 2005

Could Feel Guilty!?!

Yesterday I left work early mostly to pick up the house a bit, and because I had all my stuff done at work and just wanted to get out for awhile. I had an appointment right after work anyways, but that got cancelled because of the snow storm that rolled through and dumped about 12 inches, but according to the radio it was only 8 inches. I had asked the former spouse if he could watch the kids for me because of my appointment, and he agreed to and he wanted them for the night, so I agreed to that as well, being the nice person that I am. Since the appointment got cancelled I was going to call him up and see if I could take the kids instead of him, because I knew he had to drive his new wife to a medical facility in the morning for some kind of a procedure, and thought that it might be nice if he did not have to deal with the kids in morning especially if the school is delayed or cancelled. Then I decided not to, he can deal with all that for once, and I get and evening to myself. An evening of sitting by the fireplace watching movies and checking on the snow falling outside. I did get a lot accomplished around the house as well. This morning I was even able to get up early and shovel out all the snow that we did get, with out having to worry about getting the kids up and around on time. I would not have been able to do that if I did have them for the evening. I would have had to shovel out tonight and miss that time to be with the kids. Do I feel guilty this morning that he had to drive almost 20 miles in the opposite direction before driving 40 miles to the medical facility, the morning after a large accumulation of snow. NO I DO NOT. Welcome to my world.....lol.

1 comment:

Laura said...

You are doing great. You have no reason to feel guilty. Your ex agreed to take the kids for you, and you deserved the "me time." Glad you enjoyed it. I'm sitting down in front of the fire with some tea and a movie myself!