Monday, December 05, 2005

I am happier now!!!

While I was bowling last night, one of the ladies stepped up to me and said that she saw the notice in the paper of my former husband getting married last month. We chatted briefly about it, she wanted to know a little about the other woman, blah, blah, blah. She said that things will get better for me, and I told her that I am already better off now than I was before. She said that she was talking to her friend a few weeks ago and they both noticed that I seem to be a lot happier now than I was before. I agreed I think I am a lot happier now, but it is because of all the stuff that has gone on in my life the past 3 years that has made me change, not the fact that I am no longer married. It was not an easy decision to give up in a marriage of 13yrs, but it was what had to be done for me and my kids. I have had to work really hard to move on in my life this past year and a half, and my happiness was not really a big issue I ever concentrated on. My whole world has pretty much been centered around my kids. Wasn't until these last few months that I have realized that I can do fun things for myself now and not feel guilty about it.

2 comments:

one4JC said...

I already have people telling me that it seems like I'm "lighter now". I smiled the other day and people did a double take to look at me again :o)

maynard said...

nope, got my B.S. that year from here. I am a transplant from the north.