Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas reality....

I have been asked by lots of my friends this year how the holiday are going for me. They had been going pretty well, but the more Christmas draw near, the more I rather just move on to spring and be done with winter. I use to have Christmas eve dinner with my parents and maybe my grandma if she did not have plans and anyone else in the family hanging around that night. The kids could listen to reports coming across the police scanner of spotting of Santa in the area, they loved it. But as this Christmas draws near, I dread it even more. I do not have the kids on Christmas eve this year, and I do not get them until noon on Christmas day. I will still fix dinner but it will be at my parents house instead of my house, so no reports of Santa in the area. Buying Christmas gifts this year for the kids isn't even fun anymore. I am sure the kids dad will out do me by a long shot, which is fine with me, they are hardly ever over there to play anyways. I was able to get a couple of big items for them to have under the tree this year, so all in all in should be a nice Christmas, I just need to get into the Christmas spirit now.

No comments: