Friday, December 16, 2005

Communication....or lack there of!?!

Yesterday the kids had lessons to go to after work. There dad was going to take them because it was his night of the week to have them this week. So after work I stop by and pick up a few things on my way home and drive around the parking lot where they are suppose to be by now to see if they are there. It had been snowing all day and I would not put it past him to use that as an excuse not to take them. (Side note the national weather service said we were going to get 5-8 inches of snow.....we got 2 inches maybe) I did not see any cars that I recognize as his, but I did see my friend going in and her kids are in the lessons as well. I continued home and went about my evening. I did ask the kids this morning when I picked them up to take them to school if they went to their lessons last night and they said no were we suppose to have them. So I set the former spouse a page to see if he took them to their lessons. I was not rude about it. He sent me an email back saying no they were canceled because of a previous commitment with the facilities. Which they were canceled last week because of a previous commitment. I sent him an email back saying when did they cancel because they were canceled last week for that. He sends an email back saying he called and that is what they were told on the phone. I simply responded back to him that the facility lied to you and that they did have the lessons last night, and I also told him that they usually call or put it on the radio if they are cancelled at the last minute. No response back after that. Later I get a call at work from the facility saying that his now wife wanted the facility to call me and explain to me what happen last night. Like I care, I knew that he or she was given the wrong information when they called. Of course they could not call and talk to me about it, they have to have someone else do it for them. I sign the girls up for their lessons, they hardly ever take them to the lessons, maybe once a month. You would think that they could call me to see if I knew about the cancellation policy for circumstances like bad weather. I have no idea why they do not like to talk to me, I do not like talking to him in person because what I usually have to talk about is scheduling for the kids and he cannot commit to anything until he consults his wife first. Yep, he is his first priority in his life. Or, he will not talk to me in person unless she is with him....I am not doing that anymore....been there done that....It just turns into her telling me how it is my fault the marriage fell apart. Newsflash I am not the one that had the extracurricular activities until one was found worth keeping....his wife now. Oh well I only have 14 more yrs to perfect the communication, like that is ever going to happen.

2 comments:

one4JC said...

I am sorry that he/she are making this so difficult. If they would truly put the kids first then this one would be a no-brainer.

maynard said...

You would think it would be a no-brainer. I would have thought the answer of the same commitment would have thrown up a red flag. But when you are only thinking about yourself nothing else clicks in.