Thursday, December 08, 2005

Look What I Got!!

Well it is that time of year that most of the schools have a little work shop for kids to go and buy some gifts for their families for Christmas. My 6yr kept hounding me to give her money so she could go buy stuff. Yes, she loves to shop. So, she and I go after I pick her up and we pick up a few items for her sister and grandmas and grandpas, and I even told her to buy one for her dad. After we are all done, I step out and wait for her to finish her shopping for me. She comes bounding out with a big grin on her face and away we go, heading back to the car. On the walk back to the car she announces that she is going to show me what she got me when we get to the car, and I try to explain to her that no she is suppose to wait and give them to me on Christmas Day. Well in the car, I can hear her opening up the bag and checking out her buys. She then announces to me, Mom look at this. I try to ignore her, but to no avail. She still has a big smile on her face and tis the season, it is the thought that counts this time of year. Today she had another big smile on her face when I picked her up from school because she got all the prizes she won from her fundraising that she did for the school. She was so excited about it all. Being a single mom now with primary custody of a 6yr and almost 4yr can be trying at times, and even make you wonder if you did the right thing with the divorce, but when you see the big smiles on their faces, you know you got the better part of the deal. Life is to short to miss the smiles.

No comments: