Thursday, March 30, 2006

What A Great Day It Was!!

Yesterday, was one of the best days I have had in a very long time! I got up early and was doing some work on the computer. I stumbled into my finances finally and realized that there was more money added to the account than usual from work. I ask the money people at work what is up with that, and was handed a note saying that some office people received an increased. Yeah! I was one of those people. Let me tell you I have been contemplating looking else where, it has been a struggle for me to stay here, I have not seen an increase since the towers came down on 9/11. The only reason I have stayed is because I have the flexibility to leave and take and pick up the kids for school and stuff like that. I have been working on stainglass projects to sell to make more money. So the increase is an answered prayer. The other great thing that happened was the youngest sprout had an appointment with the ear doctor to follow up on the infection she had a few weeks ago and to discuss removing the tubes that have been in there for 2 1/2 years. She has been ready to have them taken out. When she went into the room she told the nurse that she was getting them taken out today. Her ears were fine, so we discussed the options. 1. He try to pull them out there in the office. 2. We travel 40 miles to the big city and have it done at the hospital where he puts her out to pull them out. I was leaning for #1. We discuss it with the child who thinks she is ready. I had prepped her on the pain issue of it, of which the doctor said that she may not liked him ever again if he did it in the office. He was pretty sure he could grab the one but was not sure on the other. We all decided to try to have it done. He did what he thought was the hard one first, she gave a slight flinch, but no problems. She turned to the other side, nurse holding head of course, and he realizes that it is wax that he thought was going to be the easy part to grab, but he got ahold of it and out it came, with a bigger flinch from the 4yr. She really did not like the last one, I got the look of that hurt, but it is over, but it still hurt. She walked over to me and crawled on to my lap and snuggled right in. She did produce one tear, but survived it very well. She was all smiles when we left, they took her picture, and she got to keep the tubes. I was glad that he could do it in the office, a lot cheaper for me than the hospital visit would have been.

No comments: