Friday, March 10, 2006

What a crappy day!

I started out the day pretty well. Got up and around this morning, went and picked up the sprout from daycare and dropped her off at school. She did not seem in a very cheery mood, I brushed it off as being with her dad last night and having to be up earlier than usual this morning. Off to work I go. The morning goes by quickly and I actually get a lot accomplished. Off to pick up the sprout from school. I go through the bookbag to see what went on for the day because I will not see them until Monday morning. I discover that there is no new reading book in there, so we go chat with the teacher and get a book to review because apparently there has been some problems with a couple of words. I am ok with that, the sprout has issues. Her issues are her mood more than anything, and I suspect lack of sleep as well to contribute to that. Not a battle worth getting into right now. As, I drop her back off at daycare I chat with the youngest sprout, who has discovered me there and wants to know if I am picking them up today. I have to tell them no it is dads weekend. She throws a little tantrum but gets over it and we chat a bit longer. I ask if her ear drops got sent today, because she had a really bad ear infection. The daycare lady says no she did not get them today. Now I have to decide to choose this battle or not. A dad with a somewhat medical background as part of his full time job, you would think medicine would be of an importance. I do not think I should have to explain to him how often to give the medicine when it is on the medicine itself. So I call his work to chat with him, my luck he is out for a bit. I decide to send an email to him, knowing that it will not get answered either, I am still waiting on answers I sent him days ago. He finally calls me and we talk about the medicine, I pretty much got the standard line of BS for his lack of being a father in my opinion, and we go our separate ways. Of course he had to go into lots of details on stuff I do not care about as opposed to what I really wanted to know. Like did you know she needed it three times a day. Were you running late again this morning because you had the girls and they were not cooperating with you like normal again, so that made you forget the medicine. No I get what his wife is going to do with the girls tonight and their plans for the weekend, which is nothing to write home about, but apparently I am suppose to be impressed by it. That didn't happen. The more the weekend gets here the more I look forward to it. Dealing with his BS all the time just gets draining. I am getting better at just letting it go, but it still is draining to do that.

No comments: