Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Crud Bug!

Well, it looks like most everyone has been getting over the nice little bug that has been going around, me included. This is the first I have felt like being out of bed in a few days. Mine came on all of the sudden Sunday night. I went to the doctor Monday morning, use to be I would wait it out, but with being a single mom with two kids now, I do not wait it out anymore, and it sounds like that was a good idea, because my doctor said that if it is caught in the first 48 hours it is not as bad. He did say that it would feel like the worse cold you have ever had in your live. True so far. My body feels like I have been taken outback to the woodshed and had the crap beat out of me. The doctors office said does it feel like you have been hit and left for roadkill? That too. So far the girls do no have it, which is good. I had to cancel my counseling appointment on Monday, which I was looking forward to but good thing I bailed on it, things were not coming up roses by the time the appointment got here, if you know what I mean. I called my mom to she if she could come over and help me with the girls that evening, which she did, it is a half hour drive for her. I was feeling better after she got here. I actually took in substance and kept it in that night so life was getting better. Tylenol is my friend right now for my body aches, not liking the snack I have to take before the medicine can be taken. To time consuming for me, and my throat does not like it either. I am slowly getting away from the clear liquid diet that seems to be working with this crud. My two favorite diets, the sickness diet and the divorce diet, both work well, but I do not recommend either one of them. Well off to work, I have a couple of post to put up maybe later today or tonight. A preview, "Do Princesses Toot" inquiring 4yr wants to know that, and "Mom, Sissy pulled her bellybutton out" Yep, the 4yr has an outty now, who would have guessed it.

1 comment:

Laura said...

OMG, that is EXACTLY what I had. And I'm now on Day 5, and today is the first day I haven't wished I was dead!
Hang in there and get better.

Can't wait to find out if Princesses toot!