Friday, March 03, 2006

Bellybutton Issue!

Last Saturday, I had the sprouts for my weekend, and they were eating breakfast when I went to the bedroom to get dressed. All of the sudden there is a knock on the door and the oldest is telling me that her sister has pulled her bellybutton out. Now, I am a little mad only because I have things I need to get done today and they have been stalling all morning long. I ask is she bleeding, because I can hear no crying going on at this point, "No". Is your breakfast gone? "NO" Go eat your breakfast and I will deal with it in a few minutes, "But Mom!" No, go eat your breakfast. Finally, I go out to the kitchen and there is the 4yr with this evil grin on her face smiling at me and saying "Good Morning, Mom". You have to understand, my mom says that the 4yr came into this world with her halo slightly tilted about 1 degree. She does have the beat of her own drum. So, I ask her, "Did you pull your bellybutton out?" She proudly displays her belly to me and says "YEEES". Sure enough it is sticking out, and now she wants me to put it back in for her. I asked why she did it? "Because it was bothering me!" I have no response to that. She went a couple of days with it out, and I am not sure if it went back in by itself or her dad helped it after I told him not to bother with it, not an argument I am going to get in with him. So, if your belly button is full of lint and bothering you, try an outy bellybutton for awhile.

No comments: