Monday, March 06, 2006

Let the games begin!!!

My sprouts are 4yr and 6yr. The 4yr is the type that everything seems to come natural to her, and her mind is going a mile a minute, there is nothing that escapes her thought process. Example: they were playing and dressing up some what like princesses queens, some kind or royalty, when the 4yr comes from the other room with scissors in one hand, held wrong but still functional to her, and tissue in the other hand, that had been attacked by the scissors. She climbs up into my lap and says, "We can cut the tissue and make a crown!" I said, "Yes, we can, but we are not going to" then I get, "We can use tape and staples, too." She did not miss a beat with that one and off she went. Life is never boring with her around, and there is always this smile from her, like how can you resist this smile.

Anyways, they had a pine wood race at church yesterday for their Wednesday night church group. My dad cut out the cars for them, and assembled them. The girls colored them with markers and I added the weight to them to finish them off. So we all head to the church gym yesterday afternoon. My parents and younger sister went because I had to leave before it was going to be over. I was there long enough to see the youngest age group race. She took first place out of seven cars in her age group. There were 31 cars all together. They did not hand out awards in the different age groups, just overall. The 4yr was kind of excited she really did not know what happen. To back up a minute we had to have the, "We are here to have fun" chat in the car on the way to church. Which was not going well, the 6yr had set in her mind that she was going to win and she was getting a trophy. Now, the 6yr category is racing and I saw her first heat, her car won. Life is good so far I have to leave now. On my way I am thinking life is not going to be good if the 4yr gets trophies and the 6yr does not get one. The 4yr is going to go, "I got a trophy" to her sister, and that will set a fuse or two off. Well, when I finally catch up with them when it is all over, the 6yr got 2nd place in her age division. There were 3 divisions, and the top three in each division went against each other for the top 9 places. Here is where things got harry. The 4yr came in 3rd overall, we get a big trophy for that, the 6yr came in 5th and gets a ribbon. All participants got a participation trophy. Yes, tears were shed, and about 5 more years of that competition to go through. Someday, the only here to have fun will set in I hope. In the end they did have fun, and I am glad their cars did well.

2 comments:

one4JC said...

I'm still trying to figure out how one pulled her bellybutton out for a couple of days....

maynard said...

yeah, that was the 4yr as well. If it can be done, she will fine a way to do it. And she did it. She had an outy for a few days. Her belly button was bothering her, was the reason I got as to why she did it. Never a dull moment, with kids around.