Monday, April 30, 2007

I love being a twin.....

Sunday I went to my twin sisiters church for my nephews dedication. All of our family on my side were there except for my sprouts, and some of my brother-in-laws family were there as well. I think there were 15 of us total. We arrived a bit early for the second service which is when the dedication was going to be. So I headed down the one hallway and this lady smiles at me and I knew then she thinks I am my twin sister. She says Good Morning and I play along, because that is the fun part of being a twin for me. :) I come back and my mom steps up to me and tell me that the lady did indeed think I was my sister. My sister was in the first service with her daughter. The first service is a childrens service.

Late on while we are waiting for the first service to exit the sanctuary another lady steps up to me and asks me to confirm that my nephews name is spelled correctly on this paper that she put in front of me. Of course I confirm it and then say that I am not his mother however, but I will play along for fun.

We finally take our seats in the sanctuary and another lady steps up to me smiling, but has a confussed look on her face. I finally answer her unasked question, and say I am the twin sister. She finally laughs and wondered because she thought my sister had darker hair. She does, we have the before and after pictures from hair coloring. I have the before look and my sister has the after look. I keep telling her that when she finds a color I like, then I will color my hair. Truth be told I have colored it a couple of times, but honestly have better places to use the money it take to color my hair.

Needless to say I enjoyed my Sunday Morning.

2 comments:

Patty said...

I love having a sister, having a twin must be double good fun!

maynard said...

I have always had fun with my twin sister. Basketball in high school was awesome. The other team was always confused as to which one they were suppose to be guarding. We took advantage of that. Playing sports was about the only time my twin didn't mind me wearing the same thing that she was wearing. To this day I have shown up in almost the same outfit, or color scheme as she has on, and we never knew what each other was going to be wearing.