Monday, April 30, 2007

Benefit WHO?......

I wish I knew the exact rules of my ex's game..... I called him Wednesday afternoon to see if the youngest sprout has practice. I do not have the number of the coach, and ex is an assistant coach for that team. No practice due to the rainy weather, I figured as much, but it has been know to rain in my town and not the town where practice was to be taking place. I am in a good mood now because we can be to church on time tonight, another one of those in two places at the same time nights. Before I end the conversation with him, he asks me if it will be ok for him to drop off the sprouts an hour earlier on Saturday morning, because his wife is having surgery and has to be an hour away at the time he normally drops them off to me. The only reason I was having the sprouts on Saturday was because he was to be working that day, so I get them when he is working, but now he is not working because of the surgery on Saturday. Not sure about you, but I have never really heard of scheduled surgeries on a Saturday, but that is not my problem. He asked me, if I wanted him to ask his mom instead to watch the sprouts or not, but I should have already had plans for them. I told him that was his call. If he wanted to ask his mom fine, if he wanted to drop them off early fine. He knows that I would have picked them up the night before because we just got done arguing over that with the lawyers a month or so ago. He decides to drive 13 miles out of his way to drop them off by 6am which means they get up around 5 - 5:30am.

I am ready for the day when the sprouts arrive at the house. I finish up a few things, and take them out for breakfast. We do not go out for breakfast very often. They had a great time. I went into work for a few hours, and they had a nice time watching a movie in my office as well. They enjoy hanging out in my office. We head home and since it is a nice day out. We spent the entire day outside. I worked in the yard and they played with everything possible that we had to play with. I tried to get them to take a nap, but was not successful.

The ex called me around 4pm and wanted to know if it would be easier for me if he picked up the sprouts tonight instead of in the morning. That way they could get to sleep in. I told him no that would not be easier, and they could have slept in this morning if he would have let me pick them up the night before. I had to break the silence on his end by asking him yes or no. He just said that he was planning on having them sleep in. He just wanted to sleep in and not have to get up to pick them up at their normal time at 7am. That is when he picks them up the next day when he gets off work. I had to be ready early anyways to head up to my sisters for my nephews dedication at church, and I did not have the laundry done to have the sprouts clothes packed for the next few days at the dads anyways. So, they spend the night with me.

I finished the yard work and we got everything put away. We cleaned up for dinner, and headed out for a bit to eat. After dinner we layed on the couch and watched a movie for all of about 15 minutes, they were passed out then. Which I knew they would crash early as well.

I got up early in the morning Sunday morning and did a few loads of laundry and got the sprouts clothes packed and ready for when their dad arrived. They were already to go when he pulled up to the house. The wife was with him as well, that was a surprise to me, since she just had surgery the day before. They were off and I was on my way as well to my sisters.

2 comments:

Patty said...

I will be very happy for you when you get to free up your mind for something besides keeping the visitation schedule straight. You will have time to learn a new language, and then take a trip to that country.

maynard said...

I cannot wait either. I have a calendar online that I can access anytime, and my electronic scheduler as well, but lately I still feel like I am running around in circles tring to figure out if I am coming or suppose to be going. I try to give my mom at least a weeks notice of times I need her help with appoinments. I would love to have their dad help me out, but I can pretty much count on him being busy, so I have to keep my mom on stand by just in case his schedule clears up at the last minute. Of course he expects me to be there when he is in a jam with the sprouts schedule, at a moments notice. I usually am because I can see that issue way ahead of time and usually have it taken care of when he does call me.