Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My great morning part 2......

Well after arriving late to work, I get and online chat message for the ex's wife. Amazingly enough that did not surprise me. I knew she would try to contact me after everything that went on this morning. This time I just chose not to respond back AT ALL. That did not stop her from sending lengthy messages though. My favorite one was this one, I edited out the names... "I am really working on getting (ex spouse) to just talk with you but as you can see not much success on my part. I am sorry for that. I will keep working on him. He is a great guy, just short on talking with you, but I think he has always been short on talking with you."

Yep, he has always been short on talking period and now she has that figured out. Of course she wrote this... "I would really like some good communication between everyone." before she sent the previous message. All I can say is that we do not always get what we want out of life now do we. I am not going to be the great communicator with her...yes, my life may have a few less bumps in the road if I go through her since he does not communicate well with me, but I am not going down that path. When she tells me what I have to do for the sprout for a school field trip that they signed everything for sprout to attend, I draw the line. They did everything without notifing me of it, but now I have to provide everything for it. Now there is great communication between everyone.

I still talk to him about the sprouts schedules and I get with him on whether he is going to be taking them to the ball practices that they signed them up for or am I going to have to do it because he is to busy on his day off to do so. Some of those questions I have answers to some he still has to get back with me, after he checks the calendar. Which usually means, when I get back to my full time job in two days to get on that computer to check that calendar because I only have dial up here at the house and do not want to wait that long to check the calendar here. If I am lucky I will not have to remind him of it. I never have been that lucky of a person. But I am just so blessed to have communication from the wife and not the ex spouse.

I was even more thrilled when my youngest sprout informed me that her sister told the wife that I do not buy anything for them, I always just spend my money on me. Not sure where that came from, but that one really hurt. Considering that I just bought them summer clothes, and roller skates, and ball equipment for the summer as well. I did by myself a new bowling ball a month ago, as for clothes I have not bought a new outfit in probably 3 years. At least not with any of my money. My family usually gives me gift cards at Christmas for me to buy some clothes with. I still have some yet to spend. I have not decided how to approch that issue yet either. I probably will just let it be between the youngest and myself right now.

2 comments:

Patty said...

How about responding like this: I am sorry I don't spend more money oon you dear but I have to spend all my extra cash on the lottery because I am not very lucky so I have yet to win big, but just as soon as mommies ship comes in I promise to not spend any of it on you because apparently you have not learned to be grateful for all the things I have already bought you and it is much more important that you learn to be grateful for what you do have in your life than continue with your attitude of wanting more, more, more, and it is my job as a mother to do what is right for you instead of what feels good at the moment.

Yah! I know you can't, but wouldn't it feel good allthe same?

maynard said...

Yeah, I cannot wait until they are older to understand a little better about that stuff.