Monday, May 07, 2007

A great effort......

Summer ball has arrived for the sprouts this past weekend. On Friday night the oldest had the first game of the season against a team coached by Mr. "Not Here For Fun, Here To WIN". We finally scored a run in our last at bats, but the other team ended with 21 runs. My sprout did not get on base, but had some nice foul balls. Will have to work on that a bit more. Our team has a lot of kids that are in their first year at this level, mine included in that category. They played well for their first time out this year.

On Saturday morning, it was the youngest sprouts turn to play. In this league, everyone hits and gets to runs the bases. They hit off a tee most of the time. It is fun watching the ball roll past kids who are pre-occupied with other things going on. They all have fun and that is the important thing.

On a different note, I actually got to enjoy a nice weekend by myself. It has been a long time since I have gotten to do that. Once in awhile is kind of nice. The sprouts dad picked them up at 7am Saturday morning, and I confirmed that they were going to be at the ballgame later that morning, because I know they are going to Indianapolis sometime on Saturday as well. He told me that earlier in the week. He asked for directions to a party that the sprouts were invited to later that evening, and I gave him the information knowing full well they will not be attending. He called me later to have me bring ball pants to the game because the ones they have are to small for the sprout to wear, and he asked a few more questions about the sprouts invitation later that evening again.

After the game, I tended to my car. Finally got the tires rotated, and the oil changed. It was nice just waiting for those to be done without having the sprouts wonder when they can go because they are tired of waiting. After the car issues were taken care of, I went and got a new cell phone. I was tired of the one I had had for 5 years, and was tired of some issues with it. After about 15 minutes at the phone place I left with new phone in hand and it was not even noon yet. I had no idea what to do for the rest of the day. Actually I wanted to finish up my spring yard work. I had lunch and was putting off the yard work because it was overcast out and I did not feel like getting wet today, but eventually I headed out to conquer to tasks. The ex called late in the afternoon to let me know that he was not going to make the girls party tonight, that they were still in INDY. This was not a shock to me. Not sure why he even called to tell me. They were in Indy to spend time with her son and his wife. I finally finished up my yard work around 9pm or so, and glad that is done.

On Sunday, my mom and I went shopping after church. I had some gift cards I wanted to use up. We had a nice time. I found an outfit I liked, which made the day even better. I hate shopping, and am very picking on the clothes I wear as well. But, all in all, it was a good day.

The rest of this week is filled with, work ball practices, appointments for the sprouts, gymnastics, preschool graduation, about 4 programs to write to finish up an online class that I am taking and a stainglass piece that needs to be done by Thursday night and I have not cut the glass yet. Yes, that will probably be a couple of all nighters to get that one done. So, I am off to tackle some of my list of things to get done this week.

No comments: