Monday, April 23, 2007

New Treasures and Memories.....

I was cleaning out some boxes that I moved out of the sprouts rooms almost a year ago to paint. I finally got tired of them sitting around the house. They contained some of my "treasures" from many moons ago, and some items that were obtained through out my marriage way back when as well. Some of the things I decided to keep, most though will go out with the trash later on this week. What perfect timing, it happens to be city wide clean up this week, so everyone had their junk out for others to seek out their treasures. Some of the stuff that I pitched could have probably been placed on the curb for others to discover their treasures, but I just decided to pitch them. There was only one item, that I waivered on briefly, but only until I reached the garbage bag.

Some may be asking why I did not ask him if he would like the stuff. My theory is this. He has been gone for over two years. If he really wanted it, he would have asked by now. I have delivered some things to him within the past year, because I really was not comfortable with tossing them. I was comfortable with tossing these items.

I do not toss pictures, and I came across a few of them this weekend as well. Some of the pictures were of the two of us before we were married. After thumbing through them for a bit, I boxed them back up and they will head to storage with the rest of my stuff. Some day I will weed that stuff out.

Speaking of weeds, I finally hacked down the jungle, commonly know as my front yard this weekend as well. After two passes with the lawn mower, the sprouts could finally play in the front yard without me having to go find them. :) That also made it easier for me to puts a few items out to the curb for city clean up days as well. My items were gone this morning when I woke up, I did hear a few of the items go around 1am when everyone else were out doing their "shopping" and had no consideration for the time of night that they were out and about. At least this time, they left most everyone else's stuff on the curb if they did not want it. Usually they sort through the piles of stuff and leave half of it in the street. That makes for interesting travels to work in the morning. My neighbor, mowed his yard as well, except it was just enough area to put his treasures out. Apparently appearance of your yard is important, when placing your trash to the curb. I only mowed to keep the sprouts visible.

2 comments:

Patty said...

We have city ordinances and if the grass gets too high the city will come and mow it and give you a bill. When I bought my house (17 years ago) I was impressed that the grass was being cut. Then I saw the backyard...waist high! Funny.

I agree, if the sprout's dad has not missed something for this length of time how important could it be to him? But then, he left you, so it could be that his important button is defective and he isn't able to appreciate the good things God gave him. His loss, not your problem.

maynard said...

It was not waist high, but it was high enough to adjust the mower first, then adjust it back and go over it a second time. The back yard was ok.

I agree, not my problem anymore. It was just a matter of me finally getting motivated enough to go through the stuff again and finally take care of it.