Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I Can not do it!!!!

I can not deal with a 40yr guy that has no control of his life! I am at a complete lost on how to deal with the sprouts dad. He asked me to switch weekends a few weeks ago. The weekends he wanted to switch are coming up in May. Him thinking that far ahead if a major feat in itself, because I can never get him to tell me whether he can watch the sprouts in a couple of days without having him get back with me because he has to look at the calendar first. Anyways, I orginally I told him No on the weekend switch because the girls had a year end church picnic that weekend, and they have been looking forward to going to it for a long time. They have missed the last two because they were with their dad and he would not take them. He said that he would put it on the calendar and take them. Yeah, right! He is taking the sprouts to INDY that day and I know they will not be back in time for the picnic. They are going to be taking his wifes daughter, husband and two kids to the airport because their furlough is over and they are heading back into the mission field. Of course he says he is preparing the sprouts in that they may not get back until late, which the oldest says that it will be ok to go to the picnic late. She does not realize that late means not going. I confronted him with that this morning when he called me to tell me that the oldest was not going to school this morning. Another issue I am not going to get into. Apparently she was not feeling well. I am not there I can not make that decision. I did talk to her for a bit. She brought up that she wants to go to florida over next spring break with her dad instead of spending spring break with me. GREAT!!! NOT!

You see back in March, he and I sat down to discuss the sprouts and he asked me then if he could take the sprouts to florida next spring break. I told him NO that was my year to have them for spring break and I already have plans for them. I would have changed my plans to this year, but this was his year to have them for spring break, and I was not going to interfere with his time. Which he did not take them for the week, this year. He asked me what I had planned for them, and I told him. Well the next day the sprouts got mad at me, and wanted to know why they had to go to Pennsylvania, which is where I was going to take them. I was mad because I knew he told them, because he was the only person that knew the spring break plans. When I called him up he said that his wife must of said something and that he was sorry because he did not think she would say anything to the sprouts. Well this morning when I was talking to the oldest, I was informed that they want to go to Florida for spring break next year. Wonder who put that in her head again. Of course when I asked him about it he said that the sprouts brought it up. NOT without some coaching I am sure of that. I love being made to be the bad parent by his wife.

My youngest who is 5, is now complaining because I get her hair cut all the time, and that she wants it to grow out long. One of the reason is because his wife is growing her hair long, and she use to have long hair before, treatment of cancer. I have told my youngest, that when she can take care of her hair and brush it herself then she can have her hair long, until then if I have to do it, it will be short, because it does not tangle as bad then.

My life just seems to be a game of not knowing the rules that he keeps changing on me.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Man! Reading that brings back lots of memories that I would just as soon forget. Of course is the two of you could have communicated you would maybe still be married. This doesn't change the fact that you still have to deal with all his bad until the kids are grown and gone. I know it couldn't possibly help right now, but fifteen years from now this will all be a bad memory.

maynard said...

Thanks! This is where I wish time would just fly by.