Friday, February 02, 2007

Hey! Were are the sprouts?!!?

Last night I picked up the sprouts from daycare, as I normally do after work on my nights to have them, which is practically everynight. The ex had them on his normal week night, Tuesday night. We had made plans for pizza tonight. I ordered it on my way to daycare and we stopped and picked it up, before heading home. Apparently I got a call on my cell when I was in grabbing the pizzas. I didn't realize it right it away, I don't always check my phone right away when I decide not to take it with me at the time. After getting back in the car and on our way, the phone rings again and it is the ex. He is telling me to disregard the message he just left on my phone. He looked at the calendar wrong!?! I listened to the message which was about 25 minutes past the hour of picking up the sprouts from daycare. He wanted to know where they were because it was his night to have them. This explains why Wed. night the sprouts were questioning getting their hair cut on Thursday night because of their dad. I was confused by it because he had them Tues. night, and just left it be. He did show up at daycare, and she was surprised, that he did not call to let her know he was running late, she said he usually calls her for that, but was more surprised he was there.

I know what nights I have them. The calendar we use in an online calendar, and it highlights today for you so you know exactly what is going on today. I am always checking the calendar, because he has a habit of putting stuff in for the girls on my time and not telling me about it. I try my best to ask him first if something for the girls comes up on his time.

After he checked the calendar, he was ok with me having them for the night and we had a great time watching a movie and eating pizza, in front of the fire place keeping warm.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Pizza, movie, AND a warm fire...Now there is a picture of relaxation!

Where is the online calendar? It sounds like something we could use for training for our upcomming trail race.

maynard said...

We use Yahoo calendar. Both of us have a yahoo account and we have set each other up to view each others calendar. The sprouts stuff is made public, and if there is stuff you do not want others to see you can make it private. You will see everything on your calendar, but the others will not see all of your stuff.