Tuesday, January 30, 2007

SNOW!!!!

Yeah!!! There is finally snow on the ground! I know a lot of you are not happy about that, but in my world the little things go along way.

My sister called me last week to see if the sprouts and I wanted to go up to her house because she had snow and the sprouts could go sledding together. So we made the arrangements. I picked up my mom, cannot go see the 5 month old without taking grandma along, and since my grandma was home alone, and doing nothing. We took her along as well. So my 5 mo old nephew got a lot of Grandma loving, but only on his time. He was in a mood of his own. Fortunately, he and his aunt got along just fine.

After the sledding and playing of I think every single toy in the house, we headed back home for the two hour drive, because it was beginning to snow. Anytime you take your mom somewhere and it begins to snow, life pretty much revolves around her getting home safely. At least in my world it does. So needless to say I got the three kids in the car, my niece went as well. My grandma and my mom loaded as well. We grabbed dinner for the kids mostly and we were off. The roads were a bit slick at times and visibility was hampered as well, but not were I could not see the car in front of me. I had to put up with "don't push them" and "I wish you would just slow down" for two hours. Mind you there were at least a car length or two between me and the car in front of me and the slow down came when I was doing maybe 25 in traffic that had slowed for a slide off anyways. Yes, I finally blew up at my navigator then (my mom).

We did make it home safely and I got everyone else delivered to their respective places as well for the evening. What little was left of the evening I could have use drinking to calm my nerves from dealing with my mom, but I didn't. My oldest sprout and I watched the food network and got educated on how they make pretzels and chips. I think she got more from the show than I did, of course it probably would have helped me a lot more if my eyes were open.

Sunday brought more snow and of course I was still a half hour yet from my house, so I was "encouraged" to leave soon. I got home in the afternoon and the sprouts and I had a good time outside together. They helped me clear off the sidewalks and they finally got to make snow angles. Snow was not that great to make angels yesterday.

Now a little vent on men in my world lately. For the record my world would be much better without men in my life, I think. The ex. made an attempt to let me know his summer plans for the sprouts by email. I was impressed that it was so early, usually I barely get a weeks notice let alone months. I did not respond back to him one way or the other on it. There is a new guy in my life, but I am not sure where he stands in the world with his life, so I just play that one a day at a time. With my busy schedule that works well for me right now. The men at work, well they haven't exactly made my Christmas list of people to shop for. I have rescheduled the race, so hopefully something new will come along.

I have not been all that excited about my dad lately. My mom wanted to get groceries on Sunday because it was snowing and for one the pop(soda) was getting low. Not good for that house hold. During the blizzard of '78 I remember my dad bringing home about 8 cases of pop and a loaf of bread. Anyways, mom wanted to go along and he said no he could get them. They are a car short due to a deer encounter, so all vehicles are my dads work trucks, only seats in the front of them. My mom got a phone call it was my sister (the one that I do not get along well with) she was asking questions about the list my mom sent with my dad. She was mad when she hung up, he can't take me, but he can take her along. I spouted back, "That is so he can buy her groceries as well." Now you know one of the reasons I do not speak to her that much, she lives off my parents in her own house. My parents do help me when I ask, but I do not ask for everything little thing from them.

3 comments:

Patty said...

A new man in your life...Ohh La La!

As to the snow, according to my oldest you guys got a lot more than we did up here. Her and her roomate also went sledding. No matter that they are 27 and 30 something, they had a blast!

Patty said...

A new man in your life...Ohh La La!

As to the snow, according to my oldest you guys got a lot more than we did up here. Her and her roomate also went sledding. No matter that they are 27 and 30 something, they had a blast!

maynard said...

Yes, we do have more than you now. I thought my sister was crazy when she said she had snow. On the trip up it was not until I got to Brighton area that the accumulation of snow was finally covering the grass. We have about 4-6" now.