Friday, February 02, 2007

It has a crack....

I was headed to church with the sprouts Wednesday night and on our way the oldest says to me "Did you know that the Nobell has a crack in it?" Puzzled for a moment I said "The Liberty Bell has a crack in it." She said "but there is a Nobell" "Yes, but it is an award handed out to people."

Now, on to Thursday. I took the oldest to work with me because they had a delay in the start of the school, scheduled in for the teachers to do stuff. Since I have such a great standing at work lately, I did not care. At least I was at work in the morning and not two hours late. I ran downstairs at work to get some stuff and when I came back up the sprout asked "what does disqualify mean?" I explained that to her and she was good to go. She heard it on the radio when I went down stairs. Funny thing is the she heard the a person had "just qualified" to be in a contest that they are running right now. I got a kick out of it. There is never a dull moment with the two sprouts around and there minds going all the time.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Isn't it sad that as we get older that curiosity and creativity gets squelched as we are expected to conform more and more to "the norm?"

I think one of the reasons God blesses little children with such rich thoughts and ideas is to give us parents something to smile about during the long hard job of parenting. It is good that you recognize and appreciate this in your children.