Friday, November 11, 2005

HMMMM!! Makes Me Wonder?

Ever have those days that just go a little to well. My former spouse and I have been having communication difficulties lately, mainly because he has no time to sit down face to face and chat about our kids lives. Yes, there is a great invention called the telephone, except both parties actually have to be paying attention to the other side of the conversation in order for that to work. The email works great also, as long as the other party comprehends all the words on the screen in front of them. Just makes you wish for a lightning bolt to strike down at a certain location, but that would only bring pleasure to you for just a brief moment and than were will you be after that. In a rare instance this week, he called me to discuss the kids. It was not the greatest time for me, but I took time out of my busy schedule to accomadate him. It was a pleasant conversation to my surprise. I thought to my self after that call was over with, I think I am going to take advantage of this opportunity and call him back to see if he will discuss another issue, and he was in agreement with me and he was going to check on some stuff and get back with me. WOW!! What happen to the guy that didn't care about anything but himself? So, I thought I would try again on one last issue that has been a sticking point between us for a long time. Well, that went ok, there was alot of silence on his end with him trying to think of something to say in his favor, but he said he would get back to me. He finally did and pretty much agreed to everything I asked for. WOW!! Miracles really do happen. I do have to admit, that I have been praying alot for our communication to get better and that it be productive about the direction the kids should be going in, AND NOT about us in the past. I just have to keep reminding myself that everything will happen in god's timing, not ours. Patience truly is a virtue.

No comments: