Monday, November 28, 2005

Finally back to the real world.....

Finally, I am back to the real world...lol. I spent my Thanksgiving weekend at my parents house. The bad part of that is they only have a 28.8 dial up modem....yes I said 28.8 . Needless to say it took me about a half hour just to check my email let alone try to do anything else online. I gave up after awhile. We had a busy weekend, I helped my mom decorate for Christmas, she got 2 of 3 trees up and decorated. The kids put up the stockings and nativity scenes. We had a big family Christmas gathering on Saturday, so I helped my 92yr grandmother bake 6 pies, do up a batch of dinner rolls, and helped her put the finishing touches on her house as well on Friday. Having had a heart attack about 3yrs ago, and less than 50% of her heart functioning now, she still does not quit. Her only regret on Friday was that she had to tell her church which is across the street that she could not help with a funeral dinner on Saturday because she had all her family in on that day. Mind the 6 pies that we made ended up to actually be the 13th pie she had made this week, she made 7 earlier in the week. The kids had lots of fun at the Christmas gathering, and then had lots of fun back at their grandmas house because their cousin was finally there for the evening. Nothing like entertaining 2 3yrs and a 6yr for the evening after a Christmas gathering. We all did manage to survive though.

No comments: