Friday, January 12, 2007

The Race Is On.....

The race is on to see if I can find a new job quicker than I lose the one I have. I am intending on winning this race. Apparently the owner of this company has an issue with me of which he stated in a letter to me that contained mostly lies. I have talked to my boss who is the son-in-law to the owner and we went to college together, and I also have spoke to the vice-president as well. The VP will go to bat for me in a heart beat. You see I am the engineering department I have no one else working for me here. When I go on vacation ALL the work is still waiting for me when I get back, there is no back up for me. The VP even stated in our meeting that if something happened to me GOD forbid this company would be in a world of hurt. I agree with that. I have even set up my home computer to be able to work from home when the sprouts are sick and I have to be home with them. I have even work at home on some 50 prints over a weekend, so that they would be done on time to get a big account that we were bidding for. I take my job very seriously, and I also take my family very seriously as well. I always put in my 40 hours or more, and am still able to meet my sprouts needs and appointments as well. I loved it when we had a second shift working here, because I could come in at night a work for a bit as well. I usually did that once a week, but the work I could get done in a few hours was a lot. I was not interrupted by the other 5 plants wanting something, or customer service needing a print. I could just concentrate on the task at hand. No I did not have to do it, but I did because I wanted to. Most of that time I was designing a 3D catalog of the more than 400+ molds that we use on our parts for all the plants to have. Since we move molds around periodically, I thought the plants should know what the part is going to look like because they do not normally work with it. The catalog when complete is two 3" binders packed. Why did I do that? Because it needed to be done to help out our plants. We take pride in our quality here, and that was just another way to insure our quality. In the infamous letter he is reorganizing the quality department, and I am going to have to be training someone to do the prints that I do. Which is fine with me, I am not against the reorganization or the training. He has said that for about 2 years now. I am not holding my breath on the training. I do not care if I have another job and no one is trained for my job. When you state in a letter that I am unmotivated, and slow, and do not care, when you are never around or know exactly what I do do for your company. The gloves are off. You crossed a line that cannot be erased. My office is upstairs and he has set foot in my office maybe twice in a year, once a year to hand me somekind of christmas gift. He hardly ever comes upstairs to anyones office. I left once before for a year, and this company asked me if I would come back. I did and I got the terms that I wanted and they got the terms that they wanted, life was good. I have no problems leaving again. I just have a problem with busting my butt to get everything done in a day, and being treated badly at the same time. No one deserves that.

4 comments:

Patty said...

With your work ethic and a good recommendation from the VP, I am casting my vote that you will come out the winner of the race and they will lose.

Will you consider going back when they come seeking your assistance the next time?

maynard said...

I really do not know if I would come back. That is going to depend on how things turn out I guess. I am not set on "screwing" the company, I never have been. But I have had enough.

Anonymous said...

Wow, nice to feel appreciated. I know how hard you work so realistically they will be at a loss if they lose you! Crazy....didn't they send you to do trainings? How is that lack of motivation? Why would you send a "slow" person to train....this is definately laughable.

maynard said...

Yeah, my "slow" self has trained three plants two shifts each in one week. That included travel to Mississippi to two of the plants and Kentucky for the third, and still home friday night.

He has pissed off my boss as well, who is his son-in-law. This week should be fun an exciting to say the least.