Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Identical Twins!

I am an identical twin. Mirror image twins as well. I am right handed and my twin is left handed. We both were glasses, because my right eye is slightly weaker than the left and her left is weaker than the right.

She lives two hours from me and we do talk daily, mostly through the computer. We have shown up at family gatherings wearing almost the same outfits. Neither of us knew what the other was wearing. This really annoys her more than me for some reason. If I knew what she was wearing anyways, I would probably wear the same thing just to annoy her, because I could. :) Depends on my mood. In high school, we both played basketball, and that was fun. One game the opposing teams coach called a time out on his home court, and walked to the middle of the floor and asked his team who had number 45, which was me, because I had just hit to jumpers with no one guarding me. Of course none of their players raised their hands. They did correct that situation. She has taken fouls for me during the game because the refs would look at the faces of the person that committed the foul (which usually was me) and then when they got to the scores table they would turn to get the number, but by then we would be standing side by side so they had to guess. Sometimes that came in handy. We always knew were each other was on the court, I could pass the ball off with out looking and knew she would be there to catch it. That was awesome.

Anyways, the reason for this post, I have often been asked, "Do you feel each others pain?" No, not really. We have gone through some of the same pains in life. But never have really felt each others pain. Yesterday and today, I have been fighting and headache/migraine. Ever since I have been on the high blood pressure meds, my migraines are very mild now. I am very glad for that now. I was taking about 4 excerine migraines at one time for them before. I know that is not good for you, but taking Vicodin is not a pleasant thing for me either, which I have had to do before as well. Anyways, I was chatting with my brother-in-law this morning online asking him if he needed a box of tissues, because he is an Ohio State fan. He said that my twin was home with a headache/migraine that was making her sick. I know how she feels, I have been there as well. Both of us having a headache on the same day, coincidence or not. That is as close as it gets for us having the same pain as the other.

No comments: