Friday, January 19, 2007

Stainglass, Work, and The Ex.....

Stainglass.....

This was a last minute request from a lady at church. So naturally what is a night or two with no sleep...lol. The only request was for the rose to be yellow. I came up with the other colors, which was not easy for me. I am pretty particular about the way my pieces look and turn out. I truly liked the way this one turned out. Usually it makes a difference which side of the glass you use, but this piece turned out that both sides looked well together.

Another last minute piece was for my mom to give as a gift as well. Both the rose and cross were given at the same function at church. I have shown this pattern before I think. It is a beveled cross in the center with a clear glass that has a rainbow tint to it for the border. I designed the border for this piece.

This last piece is my favorite. I completely designed this piece as a surprise gift. The glass is 11" x 17". I was able to hold the background glass so that is looks like the letters are pasted on to it. Not an easy thing to accomplish, but something that I am pretty particular in doing. This turned out better than I thought it would when I started it. I thought the script lettering was not going to turn out as well as it did. I am really happy with it, and I think it was a hit as well. This piece took a lot of hours to make, which included a couple late nights (ok all nighters) and I even stayed home from work one day to work on it as well. That is before the other stuff happened at work. My dad made the frame for me. We put a crack in the glass when we were framing it. Well, my dad did it. He missed fired the first time and about stuck a small nail thru his thumb, then the second shot was not that much better, and it cracked the piece of wood we were putting on. Then he says "Did I just crack that?" With my teeth slightly grinding I said "Yes" but it did not look bad, and I doubt you will be able to see it. I did point it out when I delivered it. Anyways here it is...

Work....

Well, the race has been postponed. The owner also took issue with my boss and he took it personally, which he can afford to do more than the rest of us because the owner is his father-in-law. They exchanged a few emails. On Monday of this week, I got an apology from the owner via email, for the letter that he sent me last week. For that I have put off my search. My boss was here on Monday and more emails went back and forth and by the end of the day he has his mind made up that he was done here. He has not been in the rest of the week. They have kissed and made up I guess and my boss will be in on Monday. Never a dull moment around here.

The Ex....

The legal battle is finally over I believe for now. I have been trying since July to get medical expenses due me from him. He lawyered up after the judge served him papers at work, since he did not show up for the court date, because he did not pick up his certified mail. So, I had to get my lawyer involved. We all had a meet a greet in November and I finally signed the new agreement today. I have spent about five times the amount do me to get that money. He owed me alot more when I started the whole process and paid some of it along the way. So that is finally over. Hopefully!!! I just get the pleasure now of seeing him more often and at my house. Doubt that it will be a pleasure, especially since it will be around 7am everytime on the weekends.

2 comments:

Patty said...

LOVE the artwork. Glad the job drama is calming down. Remember that time will help with the whole ex thing. It sounds like you are poised on the edge of a new year with a wide open agenda...anything can happen. How about this one?..."The world is your oyster." Do you like seafood?

maynard said...

Yes, I do like seafood.. :) I am looking forward to this new year. I was hoping the legal stuff would have been over before the new year, but once again we have avoided the courthouse.

The new year has brought more people into my life, and I am in the works of starting up a divorce class at church starting in Feb. I am excited about it all. Which is a first for me in a long time.