Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Verdict is....

Postponed until both parties appear at the same time. I had a court appearance this week to try to get some money from my former spouse that he owes me for medical expenses for the sprouts, all of which is stated in the divorce decree. He did not show because he did not pick up the certified letter that the court set him stating the date and time of court. I know this because one the court did not have a record of it, and two he has not picked up any of my certified letters to him since he signed for the first one back in May. I still have one at the post office which I will probably get back this week.

I showed up at court and apparently was the only case for the day. The clerk came in and asked me if I knew if he knew he was to be there today. I did not know but told her that I doubt he knows because of the mail situation. She said she was going to have to talk to the judge. She came back and told me to have a seat, that the judge wanted to put in on record that he was not there. It was a quick proceeding, and I have a new court date. So, I get to wait almost 3 weeks, and after the sheriff visits his employer I am sure I will get a phone call after that. Why is it that when the consequences of your actions are not to your liking, you blame other people for them? The judge did not seem very happy that my ex did not pick up his mail. He did not seem happy with the snail mail system either. :)

1 comment:

Patty said...

I bet the judge won't be any happier with him in three weeks either. At least we can hope!

It is too bad you are having to fight so hard. Just remember, you are doing it for your kids and hang in there.