Tuesday, August 08, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Actually, I am celebrating the fact that I survived another birthday on Saturday. This one seemed a little hard to get through, but I had lots of stuff that occupied my time, so it went pretty well.

On Friday, the sprouts and I had appointments at the dentist for all that routine stuff. Not my favorite place to go. Then after work we headed to my parents house. Dad was on his way up to my sisters to work on getting the basement done so they can get the nursery set up before the baby arrives sometime this month. Nothing like trying to beat a deadline and you have no idea what day that is....LOL. Mom and I took the sprouts out for dinner for my birthday a day early. It was their dads weekend to have them, but he was on duty at the fire station and I had things going on for Saturday that I really did not want to have the sprouts at, so I chose Friday to have them for my birthday time. Everyone had a great time, my oldest was disappointed that I did not get sung to. I was not disappointed!

Saturday morning, I got the sprouts up and ready to go with their dad when he got off duty. The youngest ran out and informed him that it was my birthday, not that he did not know that already because we had discussed the change of schedule and why. Of course he looks at his watch to check the date and says "Happy Birthday" "I am sorry" for not remembering it is what he was sorry for. I just smiled and said "thanks". I headed up to my grandma's house because we were having a garage sale during the towns festival days, and it was my day to kind of work it. I hate garage sales, but most of the stuff was baby clothes and toys, of which the new addition will not be able to use. Except I really took on the roll of "go getter" which was fine with me. I went and got the BBQ chicken dinners for lunch, I went a got my niece and we walked uptown and took in the parade, then we went and grabbed ice cream on the nice sunny day. At lunch time when I was picking up the chicken dinners, I came back to have flowers waiting there for me. My mom handed them to me. The card was a happy birthday card, but the name on the card was my moms name that was it. I asked who were they from and she said "who do you think", so I just assumed they were from her, feeling sorry for me not getting anything for my birthday. I found out yesterday that my twin sister ordered them and they were suppose to be from my sprouts. After I help putting everything from the sale away for the day, mom and I went out to dinner and had a nice time. She did invite my younger sister who declined, which I was glad for that because she had been in a mood all day and we just do not get along and I had about had it with her as well.

I was going to go golfing on Sunday but by the time I got everything done that I wanted to get done first, it started sprinkling and I did not feel like golfing in rain so I head home and called it a day. Pretty exciting weekend.

I did manage to get out golfing last night with a friend. We got our moneys worth let me tell you....LOL. We made sure not to short ourselves any strokes or putts...LOL. We had a good time and grabbed dinner afterwards, we have not had anytime to hang out together all summer, so it was nice catching up with one another.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I too try hard to avoid birthdays. I am not sure why, as I can remember a time when I loved the idea of celebrating the passing of another year.

Now it is more like, "Why didn't So-and-so remember?" or worse, "Why DID So-and-so remember," as it puts added pressure on my to remember theirs when it rolls around.

When do we get to the part where we are simply satified with what is, moment to moment? I can't wait!