Friday, May 11, 2007

Stainglass Piece and Graduation

What Graduation? My youngest graduated from pre-school last night. They had a little program first which was a dinosaur theme. 15 "dinosaurs" WOW! They all did very well. Then out they came in their cap and gowns.

I had to take most of the day off from work, because my daycare person had her baby that morning. So, I had to scramble my day around in a hurry. It did not help that the school had a two hour fog delay which turned to a three hour delay, which really messed up my day. I dropped the oldest off at school finally, zipped a few blocks away to pick the youngest up from preschool and get her to her hair appointment. She got her hair braided for the festivities later on that night. She and I spent the rest of the day together. She had no nap, and I really should have worked on the stain glass piece that I wanted to get done. I was up in the air about getting it done for the preschool teacher to have at the program or to deliver it this morning for the last day of class. I decided today would be better. So here is a picture of the piece I did the last two all nighters. It is a duplicate of one I did a year ago, but this one has a couple of different colors in it. The sprout in the pic is my youngest and the other is her teacher who was the recipient of the piece. The piece is 12" x 13".

2 comments:

one4JC said...

Your pieces always amaze me. I am in awe of your talent.

BTW I tagged you for an interesting little Meme...come on over to check it out!

Patty said...

Your piece turned out fabulous! I bet it is even more beautiful in person. What a talent you have/are! Congrats on the graduation, one of many to come.