Monday, November 27, 2006

A busy Holiday Weekend!

I started on Wednesday night heading to the big city, an hour away, with my mom for company. I needed to pick up some glass for a project to be completed by Saturday Morning. Last minute thing. We got the glass, then did some other shopping as well had dinner and home we went.

On Thursday, I spent the entire day cleaning my house. I even worked through the night, I was on a roll and really did not want to stop. On Friday, I helped my grandmother bake 6 pies. I made the pies actually she just supervised and got the crust ready. I got up there early in the morning so I could head out and get ready for other plans for the evening. My sister showed up at grandmas anyways so she could take the last two pies out of the oven for me.

My other plans, got cancelled. Which turned out to be a good thing because I was up the entire night created two stainglass pieces for our family Christmas on Saturday.

Here are some pictures of the two pieces that I created. They were for my cousin and her friend that she invited to our Christmas this year. She was not able to make it home for Thanksgiving this year, so my cousin took her in for the holiday. The pieces are lamps in their college colors. They loved them.

I finished the two pieces around 6:30am in the morning and was able to get about an hour and a half of sleep before having to go pick up the sprouts and take them to their swim lessons. Of which I swam with one while the other was taking their lesson. On hour and a half in the pool. We headed up to the family gathering and had a great time this year. Everyone was in a good mood, and talkative to everyone else. It was a nice change of pace for once.

We spent the evening at my parents house, which is an adventure in itself trying to get 2 four year olds to go to bed at the same time. Eventually they settled down, and it did not take me long to pass out for the evening as well.

Now I just have to get ready for Christmas.

1 comment:

Patty said...

WOW! I got tired just reading about your weekend! Guess I am getting lazy in my old age. Sounds like it was fun anyway, and the glasswork is beautiful!