Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Finally back online!!!!

These are some more pumpkins I carved on the weekend before Halloween. I tried to post them last week, but there was a serious meltdown with the internet in my area. My home line was down, my work line was down as well. I was almost starting to have withdrawals.

This was the first year I tried my hand at carving a pumpkin. Let me tell you that is a lot of work put they truly are very cool when you light them up. The university of Texas one took me about 6 hours to do. I did the Ohio State Buckeye first, that is why he does not look that good. I am not an OSU fan, but some in my family are, by marriage I might add. The Notre Dame one is my favorite. I gave the Texas one to my pastor at church. He is an alum and now works in Michigan, so I thought that would be fun to give him that. I actually carved 7 pumpkins that weekend on top of the three I carved the weekend before with my sprouts. We put a float in the Halloween parade in town so the pumpkins were actually for the float. My hand was so sore and I had a blister on the side of one of my fingers. It was a good thing I did not have to bowl on Halloween. I would have never gotten my finger into the bowl let alone pull it out to release the ball. I could not even write correctly the rest of the week. That was entertaining enough

On Wednesday afternoon, I had a meet and greet with my lawyer and my former spouse and his lawyer to hash out some things that I have been trying to get hashed out since August. Let's just say a root canal would have more exciting. I finally made a proposal and am waiting to hear if he accepts it.

I finally got to my leaves that were in my yard this weekend. I started on them Friday night. The sprouts helped me with them on Saturday. Actually they played in them on Saturday. The pile was taller than they were. There was a Grand Am parked on the street next to the pile of leaves and you could not see the car at one point.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Hope you don't have to wait for Hell to freeze over to hear back about your proposal. Waiting for the unknown is angonizing!

When I was first single (really, all the time I was single) I had a had time managing both the inside and the outside of our home, so every spring and fall the house work would go to pieces as I tried to maintain the yard. Good job on kicking the leaves to the curb!

maynard said...

I will hear back by December 5th or the Judge will decide for him then. Nothing like having to wait three more weeks before hearing back.

I am now concentrating on the inside of my house again.