Wednesday, November 22, 2006

It was and accident.....

This weekend, the entire family was around at my parents because we had family pictures taken on Saturday. With a new addition to the family this year, it was a must for new pictures. My niece is just 6 months younger than my youngest sprout. So they are best buds when they get together. On Friday, I was suppose to accompany them both on the pre-school field trip, but that got cancelled due to weather. They both attended class for a few hours together then lunch and off the grandmas to play for the day.

On Saturday we all had things to do in the morning before heading off to get the pictures taken. So, we ended up with three cars at the place for pictures. After the hour and a half session of which we did not get what we were promised because someone took their management position for granted, (of which has been corrected since) I really hate being lied to, that is all I am going to say on that. We went shopping for a bit, because a bribe was in place if you stand and smile and behave for pictures. They found the treasure that they wanted and then took in a treat and drink and off for grandmas so the adults could watch the big football game. My dad and younger sister and her daughter took off in one car. I volunteered to take my other niece with my two sprouts and my mom, after all they wanted to ride together and my car was big enough for that. My twin sister went back with her spouse and 3 month old. I am pretty sure I was on the wrong end of this deal for the next hour. All three kids talked the whole way home, there was a movie going but I am sure they were not watching it. We arrived at grandmas house and they played with their new toys all evening long.

On Sunday, I met my twin sister and family at the golden arches after church, then her spouse and I took the three kids to the movies, while she went back to grandmas with the baby. Again I am not sure that was a good idea, but they all had fun. On the way home, the two four year olds were exchanging time out stories from their respective daycares. The things that go through their minds. After my niece was done telling her story mine turns to her and says "Did you tell them that it was an accident!" Like that is how she gets out of time out. Yeah it was an accident that she walked across the room and slugged another kid for picking on one of her friends. My brother in law and I had all we could do not to laugh at their conversation. They do not miss much.

No comments: