Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Forgot to tell you....

I really hate my job. The only reason I hate my job is because of the people I have to work with, or the two people that I have to work with in the office of 25 people.

I am the only engineer at this company and my main responsibility is to generate prints for the six plants that we have and to make sure that the sample parts that we manufacture are correct before I send them off to the customer. I have other duties as well, these are the main two that take up most of my time. I do not have another person that helps me out. I use to have a college student but then they graduated and of course it is cheaper not to hire another one.

I do have the flexibility to leave and pick up sprouts from preschool, now kindergarten and return back to work. It is not that far for me to do that and that was usually my lunch hour. My boss knew that I was doing that as did his boss the Vice-President of the company. Well there are two women that work up stairs for my boss who apparently think it is their job to keep track of me as well. (Side note: my boss cannot stand working with them either)

They are always commenting on my coming and going even when I came in after hours when we had a second shift. I came in to get some work done on a new project we were trying to get the business for and had some 50 prints to generate for it. I finally had it when I went on a long weekend with my sister and mom and came back to a message on my answering machine from my boss saying that they were at it again.

I finally decided to hide my time card, except on Wednesday my time card had been moved and it was not even near the location I had put it, not to mention that I hide it behind the salesman's card who was on the road that week, so I know he did not touch it. I keep it in my office now. My boss know this. Before taking 2 of my allotted 3 days for my grandmas visitation and memorial service, I sent an email around to certain people most I just added to the list to make it look good, explaining why I was going to be gone. Not that I normally do that but apparently some people feel the need that have to know where I am at all times.

I only got a funny response from one of the plant managers. The next day one of the girls downstairs came up and asked the girls if they wanted a complaint free world bracelet to wear. Of course the girls up here took offense to that as well. One of the girls thought she was being harassed. Of course no else thought that way, but again they were not the reason for the email in the first place though.

When I came back to work after my grandmas memorial there was a hand written note in my mailbox from the owner of the company, and stapled to it was a copy of my email, except the to and from parts had been removed from the version he had. He wanted to know who I addressed the letter to, and what was going on. I only needed to let the HR person know, which she did and I sent the email to her as well.

I have not responded back to him, and probably won't unless he brings it up.

No comments: