Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Simple Pleasures.....

What a beautiful night last night. Who would have thought that it would be in the 70's in March. The sprouts had gymnastics last night so they were unable to enjoy the evening that much, but they are on spring break this week. They have been playing outside all day. What a great time for this weather for them.

Since they are not in the same tumbling class, I dropped the oldest one off and the youngest and I went shopping for a bit. We decided to park the car at home after shopping and walk to the gymnastics center to pick up the other sprout. With water bottles in hand we were off.

It is really about three blocks in one direction and three blocks in another direction, not that far. Of course the youngest get just across the street from our house and announces that her feet hurt. I quickly get her going down a different path of thinking. We made it to the gymnastics center and had a few minutes wait. Which I was glad for. The sprout on the other hand was still wound up for some reason. We gathered our stuff and made the trek back home.

The sprouts and I have been walking together even when they were babies. I took them for walks almost every chance I got. I even took them to see their dad when he was at work. Not sure if he enjoyed that or not, but he always came out to see us.

Last night we were a block away from his work, and he was on duty last night. We did not stop by. The sprouts didn't even say anything about stopping either. I would have if they said anything, even though it was getting late. They did not have school in the morning so I would have been fine with it. I enjoyed just sitting at his work watching the traffic go by and the sprouts ran around asking their dad all kinds of questions, that they knew the answers to already because they had asked them before. They didn't care they just ran around with smiles on their faces. This summer they may want to stop and that will be fine. He will enjoy seeing them.

That was one of my simple pleasures, taking the sprouts to see their dad at work on a nice warm evening.

No comments: