Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Great Communicator........

I am starting an interesting day today.....

The youngest gets her school shots today, of which she does not know yet. Then I have a meeting with my Ex later on this morning. That should make the day interesting enough. I emailed him last Monday and requested the meeting. I was even very nice about it. We really have not spoken for about a year, unless it was absolutely necessary. I finally, made the move to request that we talk about the kids. They have a lot going on in their lives and their heads.

On Wed. morning I get an instant message from his wife, wanted to know if I have a minute to talk. Of which I had just a very few minutes to talk, I had to go pick up from preschool shortly, which she should have known that. She said that my ex showed her the email that I sent him requesting the meeting (I knew he would do that). She just wanted to let me know that she was not going to be there. (I requested that she not be at the meeting as well in the email) She said that she has been encouraging my ex to communicate more with me (Of which I have noticed that at times) She also wanted to know if I knew when I wanted this meeting and where so that she could make sure he had that time available. (Nope, was still waiting to hear from him to see if he was going to attend or not).

That afternoon he called me to tell me he put some papers in the sprouts suitcase from the night before and that he would meet with me, but did not know when yet, he would have to look at a calendar first, and left it at that. (We had talked on the phone at least two times that morning because the school called me, and he said nothing then about the meeting) On Thursday, I email him with a day that will work well for me so that I will not be rushed to have to get back to my work. He works every third day, so I sent the email on his working day because that is the best chance I have of getting a response from him, even though he can check his email at home as well. On Friday I still have no response from him as to the time and place of the meeting. So I sent his wife an offline message to let her know that today would work out best for me. Finally, Sunday night I got an email from him that the day I picked would be fine, and he picked the time and place, I am sure she picked the place. But it is acceptable for me.

So, I have know idea how he is going to make any decisions without her there. She even told me that he says things to make people happy with him. He does not like to disappoint anyone. (I already knew that, lived with him for 13 years) Most of the stuff we will be discussing is about the girls in general. I think we are going to go over their summer schedule, which I am positive that will not get finalized today.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Remember your thoughts create your reality. Maybe this time will be different. I know that you are NOT his mother, but maybe giving him postitive feedback about his willingness to meet with you (I know this is a stretch, and was beyond frustrating to arrange) you can start to re-educate him on communication skills that in the end will be a good thing for your girls.