Friday, July 07, 2006

I am back...

....And ready for another vacation! Three weeks ago I was on a business trip to Mississippi. Nothing like Mississippi in the middle of June to keep your blood boiling. :) Mid 90's everyday. Luckily I was only there Sunday night thru Tuesday afternoon. The company I work for had manufacturing plants in Mississippi and I had to conduct training classes for about 10 people. Anyways the training went well, and I even got hooked up with a laptop to do my office work as well since I do not have a backup person to help me out. That was nice not having to go back to a weeks worth of work waiting for me.

My mom rode with me, which was nice. It took 13 hours of driving on Sunday to get to Mississippi, so that I could be at the plant first thing Monday Morning. This trip seem like an adventure for a working "potty". Apparently the one in our hotel did not work well, at least for my mom, I had to use a different one because the one was not working. Let me tell you it was a long 40 miles to the plant one morning, I was not to keen on a gas station when it was dark out in the morning still, and I was by myself at that time. We managed though, then Tuesday afternoon we were off for out Kentucky plant, which was an 8 hour drive, and I have never been there before. Nothing like trying to find a place in the dark with no directions on paper, just find a pizza place in the shape of a "hut" then I will find the hotel. Half hour later the red "hut" illuminated sign is spotted and all is well. We end up on the second floor, but can get a first floor room in the morning. Fine that will work. Except now this toilet doesn't flush at all. The chain came off of the handle, so I fix it and all is fine. After the morning training session, I went back to the hotel to switch to the downstairs room, this bathroom actually worked the entire two days we were there. It was a nice week, hot but nice. Nothing like getting to experience the hottest day of the summer so far in Kentucky were I was at. I SO miss winter... :)

After 2 days at work to catch up on everything else, the sprouts and I and the rest of my family headed to Seattle for a family vacation for a week. We stayed with some relatives there. I absolutely hate traveling, my vacation starts when I get to my destination and with my luggage if I am flying, considering I was flying with my sister whom I do not get along with very well, and her daughter. We were civil to each other and all went well. I had been up all night finishing packing and stuff. We had to leave the house by 4am to catch a 6:30am flight, that was fun with a 4 and 6yr as well, but that went better than expected.

The 4yr watch us all check in our luggage, we all had one piece we were checking and one carry on. Then it was the 4yrs turn to put the piece of luggage up to be tagged, the tears started flowing when it was not returned back to carry onto the plane. We had to change planes and the tears started flowing again because we did not have our luggage with us again. When we arrived in Seattle all I could think of was that piece better be here or I will never hear the end of it for awhile. All pieces arrived and we were officially on vacation at 10:30 PST by now I am dragging, and can really use a nap. Luckily nothing was planned for the day, since my other sister was coming in later in the afternoon, so I napped and the kids played. My sister finally arrived, minus the piece of luggage that her and her spouses clothes in it. She did pack a couple of outfits for them in the carry on, but she is 7 months pregnant not like she wants to go out and buy clothes for a week. The luggage finally arrived two days later, after she went back to the airport the next night and chatted with a guy who I think did not want to see the hormones come out in full force. He made it his mission to find it and did so in about two hours after she had been on the phone all day with people that were not even in Seattle telling her they still have not located it. All worked out finally.

We had a great time, we toured Boeing, and spent one day on one of the islands in the sound, watched the tide while we were there and the kids search for sea shells and had a blast. Went down town and shopped at Pike Place Market, watched them throw fish. My Twin sister and her husband and I took our kids and went to the aquarium for the rest of the day and they had a blast. The kids loved the touching pond, they got to touch different star fish and coral and lots of other stuff as well.

My twin sister and I bored a plane to head to Reno to bowl. That was a hard goodbye for everyone but we would be back late the next day. My mom was giving me instructions on how I should not be separated from my pregnant sister while in Reno. I told her that there may be a chance that she could be at one end of the bowling alley and me at the other end to bowl and there would not be anything I could do about it. I thought that was funny but she did not think it was. We both had a nice two days in Reno, but could not wait to get back to Seattle. We both bowled well in the team event, and I did well in the doubles and singles event, she struggled through doubles and singles, but we had fun. The flight back I could have done with out, but finally it landed and life was good again. :)

Grandma and Granpa took the kids to the zoo and the childrens museum while we were gone. They did not get that much time at the zoo, because my other sister, the one I do not get along with, HAD to send some stuff off by email that was not going to take her long, after about 3 hours she was done, and she wanted to go to the zoo so they had to wait for her so the kids only got about an hour and a half there before it closed. My twin sister and I along with her husband took the kids back to the zoo after we got back from Reno and saw all the stuff they missed, they had a great time, and it was a very nice day, not hot at all.

The kids watched the fireworks, and we left early that morning again for the airport. All traveled well going home. I thought it was going to be an interesting trip because my sister was in a mood and since I usually am in a mood traveling, I thought for sure we would be having words before we made it home, but we didn't.

No comments: