Monday, July 10, 2006

Here's an Idea....

Let me recap for you all....Starting on June 18th I head to Mississippi to do some training at the two plants our company has there, then I head to Kentucky on Tuesday afternoon that we to do the same training there. After two days in Kentucky I head home on Friday. I have the weekend to get things ready for my vacation with the sprouts and the rest of my family. I have to be at work on Monday and Tuesday to catch up on the stuff that came in while I was in the south, since I do not have a back up person at work for my job. I am up most of the night Tuesday night finishing packing for vacation because we have to leave the house at 4am to catch at 6:30am flight to Seattle. I am on vacation until the following Wed. July 5th of which I am up most of the night PST because we have to leave at 4am to catch a 6:30am flight again out of Seattle. I have to be to work on Thursday. My mom calls me Thursday morning and says that she is coming down to start getting one of the sprouts rooms ready to paint this weekend. Because everyone has a great idea that this would be the perfect weekend to do the painting. GREAT!!! All I have to do is get wallpaper off the bottom half of one wall and get the rest of my crap out of the other room, and move everything to the center of the room so it can be painted.

I get home from work on Thursday and she has a small portion of the paper off the walls, I help her for a bit then we grab a bit to eat and I took the sprouts swimming, because I promised them I would and I was not breaking that promise. Afterwards we finish moving the furniture to the center of the room and get the rest of the paper off the walls. Now it is 1am and I get to finally call it a day, because I have to be back to work in the morning.

Friday, I drag myself to work of which by now I do not want to be at because I have so much stuff to catch up on from vacation and my house is now a disaster as well. My sister and her husband were coming down to do the painting and were going to be there early afternoon. My mom was going to be there in the morning to wash the walls and get the paint that I had picked out and marked which room each color was for. I get home from work and he has not started to even prime the walls yet. THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!! I am thinking that this is never going to get done, I could have had it done by now I think. We ordered dinner and he finally started to paint something. My mom and sister took her sprout back to moms house and he finally finished painting just shy of 2am. I worked on preparing the other room to be painted on Saturday. It did not need primed, it just needed to have my "stuff" out of there and the furniture moved to the middle of the room.

After a couple hours of sleep I get up around 8am and gander up stairs to peek at the room. Now, I am thinking that the wrong color was applied. I could not find the paint chips I picked out, and assumed that my mom took up the correct color of paint since that was the only room ready to paint at that time. Yep, guess were assuming got me. I called mom to see when they were coming over and confirmed that the wrong color was used. Luckily we did not have to re-prime it because the colors were very close together. One is a light pink and the other is a light purple, same base, one just has a touch of red added and the other a touch of blue added to it. SO, he repaints the room with the correct color, and I finish prepping the other room while another gallon of paint is needed because there is not enough left to do the room. We start tapping the room off and I help him paint the second room. At 10pm Saturday night both rooms are painted, and my house has two pathways through it, to get around on. I was so tired that I called it an evening then as well.

I did make a stop at the fire station, Saturday morning, to drop off some "stuff" to the former spouse that I found in the house and really did not want it, and did not feel comfortable throwing it out. I handed him the box of stuff that I had and got back in my car. He acted kind of surprised that I was not going to stay and chat for a bit. I have nothing to chat about. I ended up making another trip later that evening to give more "stuff" that I came across as well. Again I just gave him the stuff and got back in the car. No chit chat. I am glad because now I know there is nothing else in the house that belongs to him, and it was a pleasant exchange.

I managed to get up in time to make it to church, and made it through the service. I went to mom and dads afterwards to do some stuff at their house, but they did not have all the stuff I needed so mom and I grabbed lunch then headed back to my house to put the two rooms back together. Dad came down later to help out as well. We grabbed dinner and finished up a couple of things left to do and the upstairs was complete and it was 9pm and I called it an evening.

I am ready for another vacation now which I have one planned in a couple of weeks but that is not soon enough....LOL. I did managed to fight my way through work today and get caught up finally.

Hopefully, this week I can relax a bit now.

No comments: