Friday, July 07, 2006

Another Reason I Need A Vacation Again.....

I got home just after 5pm on Wed. dead tired, and the kids ready to play. Finally I get them to sleep around midnight, I fall asleep around then as well. I am around 6:30am because I have to be to work on Thursday. I get the sprouts off to daycare and go to work. My mom calls me and says she is coming down to get the sprouts rooms ready to be painted. Mind up one of them has wallpaper on it covering the bottom four feet or so all the way around the room. I was not in a hurry to tackle this project but my brother in law is going to paint it and since they have the rest of the week off they thought that would be a good time to paint. So she has part of the room down when I get off work at 5pm. I pick up the sprouts and we head for home and work in the room some more, than go grab a bite to eat and head to the Y to go swimming because I had promised them I would go swimming before my mom had this brain storm. Mom dropped us off to go swimming and she went and picked up some more supplies and we head back to finish the wallpaper removal. At 1am the paper was all off and the stuff moved to the center of the room.

I again have to be up for work this morning and have to take the sprouts to daycare, along with getting their stuff packed to spend the weekend at their dads as well. I finally get up and get ready and get them up and out the door. Needless to say I got up a bit late but finally did make it to work. One room should be done today, and tonight after work we will finish getting the other room ready to paint tomorrow. At least the other room has no wallpaper on it, just have to move stuff away from the walls, and set up a scaffolding for the stairway part of the room. The rooms should not take very long to paint.

The kids are excited about it, and they helped out as well last night. I am kind of looking forward to it as well, but the timing sucks. It is now or wait awhile, this is the last trip my sister can make down to here because she is nearing the end of her pregnancy.

2 comments:

one4JC said...

Welcome back! And yes it sounds as if you need a vacation from your vacation and now you just need to sit down for a day and do nothing...any chance that will happen before oh say Labor Day? LOL

maynard said...

Probably not!!! LOL I have the sprouts most of this month, and a golf outing in August. With school starting in August as well my free time is pretty well booked until Labor Day!! LOL