Friday, July 14, 2006

Funny Story from Vacation!!

Now that I am finally caught up at work, and have a few minutes before ending the work week I thought I would share a story or two from vacation.

Five of us were flying together to Seattle with one short lay over on the way there. My younger sister, "Red" who I do not get along with very well, and her daughter "E", me and my two sprouts "M" and "K". We were all checking in one piece of luggage each and carrying on one piece each. With a 12yr and my 6yr and 4yr I was not in the mood to take care of luggage as well. So, We get to the airport early and check in at the counter, she takes our luggage one piece at a time, according to the "3 foot sticker" label that comes dispensing out of the computer. "K" my youngest at 4yr watches as the lady puts the label on each piece of luggage and places on the conveyor behind her, then it is "K" turn, I put the luggage on the counter and the lady puts the label on it, an places it on the conveyor as she did with the rest of our luggage. We gather up our carry ons and head for the gate. Now the tears start flowing because "K" is sure the luggage is not going to Seattle with us, and wants it back. We finally convince her that it will be in Seattle when we get there. So we are off and headed for an hour layover in Cincinnati. When we land "K" is upset again because the luggage is not with us again. We convince her one more time that all is ok, and head to Seattle. Now, all I can think of is I hope that at least her piece of luggage makes it other wise life as we know it is going to be over.

Well, we finally landed after about a 4hour flight, of which the sprouts did great on. My niece is looking out the window and says there is my luggage. That was almost a comfort. We make our way to baggage claim where my parents are waiting for us, because they have one of the cars for the week, and know how to get were we are going since they arrived a day earlier. Yes, ALL of our luggage made it and "K" was very happy now.

On a side note, "K" was not that worried about it going home. LOL.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Finally had a second to pop over and check out your blog.

Nice Job!
I can SOOOOOO relate to K and her concern for her luggage. (Maybe because I am four at heart?) Several years ago, I went out to visit my sister. Had a great flight, but for some reason, upon landing, I started getting very anxious. Perplexed as to what triggered this feeling, I went down to get my luggage and it wasn't until I saw it and breathed a HUGE sigh of relief that I put two and two together and realized what had triggered the feelings.

Understandable, right? No matter how much the airlines would reimbuse me, never, NO WAY!, would I be able to retrace the shopping to replace all the shoes in that bag!