Monday, June 05, 2006

Can I have fries with that?

Tis the season for new employees, since school is out. Some of them are pretty cool about it all and usually I am ok with it as well. Except this weekend my mom and I took the sprouts out for lunch after their tough game of ragball (little kids baseball with a soft cover ball, and no score kept, everyone gets to bat and run all the bases). We all order the newbie read back the order to me life is good. mom and the kids fine a table and I wait for the food. I have to tell them exactly what was ordered again because for some reason, it only prints our like the first half of everyone's order. Everyone being in my party, that is. There must be a magic button on the computer to get that to happen. Having worked in retail before, training is the key. It just seems now days, that know one has the time to train them properly, they just need a body to fill that position and sooner or later they will get them the training they really need, except the summer is usually over by then.

No comments: