Tuesday, June 06, 2006

An Evening with Dad

Yesterday I asked my dad to come down and help me out with some yard work. I really just needed him to bring down his truck so I could get a pallet of top soil again. Since mom left in the morning to head to the family place with her mom and others, I knew dad would be down. I got the yard mowed and my car washed just before he arrived at my house. I was finishing up some stuff and he starts in on trying to take off an old cell phone antenna from my car window. He got it off, he was not about to quit until he did get it. We headed out in the truck, actually a full size work van that is currently empty except for the two front seats. He is working on turning it into his work van. I am taking advantage of the cargo area while I can. We finally get the pallet loaded from the local store. Had to wait for a fork truck driver who was actually working to help us out. We then proceeded back to the house to unload the 60 40 pound bags. I told him half way through that unloading these bags reminded me of loading up the trucks with fertilizer and seed bags to plant the fields every year when I was younger. He said you remember that. How can I forget, I practically cut off the end of my finger opening the bags up one year. He mad his rounds with the planter and I was not on the truck when he got back. All he had to do was follow the trail I had left from the truck to the house. Anyways, after finally getting them stacked and staying upright, we headed out to dinner. I don't think ha and I have ever had dinner out together, usually I have the sprouts with me when he comes to help me out with something or mom is with him. We had a nice time. Split some appetizers and chatted about what was on the tv and other current events going on.

No comments: