Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Brrrr it was cold!!!

Saturday night it started with the freezing rain and continued on and off for a few days. Also late saturday night early sunday morning my furnace decided to stop working correctly so I had to shut it off. Luckily I have a fireplace and have been running it as well so I put some more wood on the fire and it maintain the temperature for awhile. Sunday morning the sprouts dad dropped them off and we got ready and headed to church. There was a little bit of ice on the roads but they were not bad. However the further north I got the worse it got, but we made it safe and sound. I had to hang around my parents house for the day because the sprouts had the childrens christmas program that night at church. While waiting it was freezing rain most of the afternoon. We headed to church and saw a wonderful program with about 30 children participating. The sprouts and I headed for home. Since the fire ran out because we were not there the house was a chilly 61. I started a fire and it got up to around 66. We all slept on the couch in front of the fireplace. Monday morning the furnace was diagnosed and parts were summons. The schools were cancelled because of the ice. I went bowling that night with the furnace not fixed yet. Upon fixing the one part it was discovered that another part was going to be needed. SO, another night without no heat so to speak. I had no idea how cold it was in the house when I got home because the thermostat was shut down as well during the repair. I do know that it was 59 when I left for bowling. I started a fire again and slept on the couch. Luckily I did not have the sprouts with me, they were with their dad for a scheduled visitation. Tuesday I slowly got ready for work. My heated office looked better than hanging out at home today. Schools were closd again because of ice issues possibily. They could have gone today but decided otherwise. It really did not matter to me today because I did not have the sprouts this morning. ALthough it did cause the music program to be cancelled again. Finally in the afternoon I had heat. The last part was gotten from the supplier and all is warm now. I just have to get back into the swing of things and get stuff done. I have my family christmas this weekend and then the extened family christmas the following weekend and I still have to finish buying for the sprouts. They wish to have everything they see on TV. :)

No comments: