Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Why is it.......

Last week flew by for me. I had the sprouts all week. They went to vacation bible school at church so we spent the night at my parents all week. That way I could drive back and forth to work and mom could take the sprouts to church. Why is it, that is was easier for me to be to work on time when I had to drive 25 miles through the country then when I had to drive 2 miles in the city? A good time was had by all last week.

We celebrated my nieces birthday this past weekend as well. It was a little early but she doesn't care. A pinata was the main entertainment for two 5yrs and a 7yr old. That pinata did not give up easily either.

It is know wonder that I do not like speaking to my younger sister. She has done nothing but complain all weekend. Of course she has complained to my mom about my twin sister and I but she will not say anything to us thought. She complained about my sister not getting our niece anything for her birthday last month. She has the gift and just forgot it when she came down. Niece was not around for her birthday, and they usually have a dinner for birthday but that never happened either. Then she complained about my sister and I planning a vacation together. My twin sister and I have kids the same age. Mine are 7 and 5, hers are 5 and almost 1. The two 5yr olds are 6 months apart. We try to get them together at least once a month if possible. My younger sister as a 13yr old, who babysits for me this summer. My twin and I are planning a spring break vacation for this up coming school year. It will probably be the last vacation together for spring break because her daughter will be in school next fall and will have different spring breaks. We live in different states. We invited my younger sister to go if she would like. She is mad because we plan everything and she either takes it or leaves it. I prefer the leave it, but I do not get so lucky all the time. She was mad because last year she went to Seattle with us and it was like this time or not at all. We had a scheduled bowling time and fit the Seattle trip in around our bowling. The rest of the family was going and she was the only one who had not been out there yet. She will never go anywhere unless there is a First National Bank of Mom and Dad near by. She and I are in the same boat except in many ways. We are both divorced, we both have children, we both have a house and car. Well I have my own car, she gets alot of her cars from dad mostly. The difference is I do not depend on my parents as much as she does. Granted my parents have helped me out, but I do not factor them in if at all possible. My sister factors them in all the time. My twin sister and I know this, my mom knows it, and she knows that it has not gone unnoticed between my twin and I as well. That is the way my younger sister will always be. Guess what we told her that we were going to beat our family cabin up in Michigan and that she is welcome to join us that week also. I am hoping Margarittaville will be set up for the week. :)

I have the day off today, which is nice again. The sprouts and I are going to tour a candy factory and hopefully catch the Fort Wayne Wizards baseball game tonight. Weather permitting. It is raining right now.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Some people just decide not to be happy or content no matter what. I am thinking that probably if you turned things around and told your younger sister, " Okay! You plan the vacation, and we will do it however you want to," her response would be something negative as well ("why do I have to do all the work?" maybe).

Honor the fact that she gets to be anyway she chooses and you don't have to have it in your life if you choose not to.