Monday, July 09, 2007

A Terrible Weekend......

My not so lovely weekend started on Friday night. I drove a couple of hours away to meet a friend, we talked for a long time that night/morning. We met for breakfast had a great time. We went to a water park, found a nice spot to park our stuff, friend went to use restroom and never returned. Car was gone from parking lot as well. So home I went but not making a phone call to said friend and expressing my displeasure with choices that were made. Especially since friend just got out of hospital a week ago from having a stint put in artery of heart. I later found out friend was OK, but friend did not tell me that personally though. Don't have to worry about that person when Christmas comes around. On my way back home I called and chatted with the sprouts. I have not seen them all week because they have been camping with their dad at a local campground. I have talked to them about every other day. They both informed me that my dog passed away. He must have passed away Thursday night, Friday, or Saturday morning. That was really hard to take at the time. He was actually my ex's dog, but ex never took him after I asked him to leave the house. We each had a dog, beagles. I got mine on my birthday and a few months later we picked up his at the pound. Both dogs were about the same age. They loved each other, and were fun to be around. They both loved to go for walks and play outside. We had to put mine down shortly after I found out what ex had been doing most of our marriage. That was very hard at that time. I took care of the other dog for awhile, but he got to demanding after awhile. I live in town and have a fenced in back yard with lots of shade, but if I was not home before dark he just barked, and that pissed off the neighbors. I finally asked my ex's mom if she would like to take care of him. She loved him and had lost one of her dogs, so off to grandmas he went. At least the sprouts got to see him. I missed him. He really loved the walks more than my dog did. It was hard to hear the sprouts tell me that he died. It was not a big thing to them, they are only 7 and 5 and did not know him very well, like I did. So my Saturday really sucked! Sunday was not much better. I went to church early to get the computer set up for the first service in a record amount of time. Then I went and picked up my grandmother with my mom and we brought her out to the house for a few hours. She has been in an adult care home for a couple of weeks now. My aunt that is a nurse and can take care of her has been gone, and no one else in the family is really capable of taking care of her. I am about the only one able to lift her. My dad is having surgery on his shoulder this week, so he is not able to lift her now. She enjoyed the day at the house. She was glad to get out. But then she started in on how she hates it there, and that they yell at her, so now the family has lots of decisions to make and will be making them ASAP. I absolutely hate being caught in those decisions.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I am sorry your dog died, and while you were away. It is a hard thing to lose a loved one, even the four legged kind.