Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Family Matters.....

My parents were suppose to go on vacation together to the great family cabin in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. They were going to meet my Aunt and Uncle there. The plans changed a bit while I was bowling in NC. My dad has to have surgery on his rotator cuff next week, so he has pre-op things to be done this week. Mom was not happy after all he has been dragging going to the doctor for a few months now, and now he decides he has to get it done. My mom left for the cabin on Sunday, so I spent the day with dad after church. In some ways we are close in other ways we are not close. We both are pretty up to date on current events and have a little bit of knowledge of each other professions. He is a master Electrician, he can wire a house. I am an Electrical Engineer, I have no idea how to wire a house. I can make a plug for you that plugs into the outlets of your house though. We have never been real close, he has no idea of all the stuff that went on before my divorce, he does know the reasons behind the divorce and that is all. That is all he really needs to know. Some of the stuff would probably cause a family feud.

Of course he had to work for a little bit in the afternoon, so I cleaned up the house a bit and washed the dishes so that he would have enough forks for the week since mom was going to be gone. He eats frozen dinners when she is gone. When he got back, he and I went out to dinner and then grocery shopping. I think dinner was just a bonus for me to go shopping with him. I pushed the cart while he stocked up for the week. It was nice to hang around with him for the day. I have not done that in years. He was joking that some people might think that he fired my sister and hired a new girl to work for him. My younger sister is his only employee, and has red hair. I do not have red hair. We were traveling around in his work van as well. I play along at times. Gives me something exciting to do.

Tonight I am golfing with my Uncle. This should be interesting, since he and I have never golfed together at the same time, we have been in the same golf outings but not on the same team. After words we are having dinner at his cottage on the lake and my dad is coming over for dinner as well. I just hope I do not hit a house tonight like I did a few weeks ago.

I hope my air conditioning is fixed today. It died on me again last Friday. At least it has not been to terribly hot. I finally got screens in my front and back doors to at least let some air flow through. The windows are painted shut. My air condition repair man was my ex, however he was not that interested in fixing it this time, considering he worked on it a month ago. SO, I have found a new guy. My ex referred my to something that might come out on Saturday. I am not interested in paying premium time for a weekend. Then my ex called me today to let me know he is having a guy stop buy to look at it today, he probably has the part I need according to my ex. I told him, I already have a guy lined up to look at it. I am not sure if my ex just did not want to do it, or did not want to do it because he was on vacation. Yet, he was making service calls while he was on "vacation" because he told me that he might be dropping the sprouts off at daycare to make some service calls. They are suppose to be camping with the sprouts this week in the county.

Everyone have a safe Independence Day!

No comments: